- 1 How do you hide wires from fireplace without cutting wall?
- 2 How do you hide the cords on a wall mounted fireplace?
- 3 Where do you hide cable box with TV over fireplace?
- 4 How do I hide the wires to my wall mounted TV?
- 5 Where does the sky box go when TV is above Fireplace?
- 6 How do you hide the cords on an electric fireplace?
- 7 Are wall mounted fireplaces safe?
- 8 Is it OK to mount a TV above a fireplace?
- 9 Can you hang a TV over a brick fireplace?
- 10 Are there wall studs above a fireplace?
- 11 Where do you put a TV in a living room with a fireplace?
- 12 How high should a TV be mounted over a fireplace?
- 13 Where do you put cable box for wall mounted TV?
How do you hide wires from fireplace without cutting wall?
How to Hide Your TV Wires Without Cutting Into Your Walls
- Use Cord Clips to Hide Your Wires Behind a TV Stand.
- Use Zip Ties to Keep Your Wires from Touching the Floor.
- Use a Cable Management Box.
- Use a Wall Cord Raceway Kit.
- Hide Your TV Wires Inside a Baseboard Raceway.
- Use a Fabric Cord Concealer.
- Use Decor to Hide Your TV Wires.
- Hide Your TV Wires Behind a Panelboard.
How do you hide the cords on a wall mounted fireplace?
Cable Organizer Kit
You put all your cords inside of it and bring them out the bottom box. The bottom box then plugs into the outlet. This puts your cords behind your wall rather than down your wall.
Where do you hide cable box with TV over fireplace?
Your cable box is going to need a place to sit when you install your TV above your fireplace. You can place it on the mantle if it’s wide enough. However, if there’s not enough room, you can also have the cables run to a box in another room. Another thing that works is building a shelf just for your cable box.
How do I hide the wires to my wall mounted TV?
Hide TV Wires in Plain Sight
If the cords dangling from your wall-mounted TV are distracting you from what’s on screen, conceal them with cord covers (e.g., SimpleCord Cable Concealer Kit, available at Amazon). Plastic tracks like these mount directly to the wall on top of wires.
Where does the sky box go when TV is above Fireplace?
If you want to install your Sky Q box behind the TV on the wall I can recommend the HIDEit Sky Q wall mount. You simply fix this to your wall behind the mounted TV position, slot inside and mount the TV over the top hiding the box altogether. Ingenious and no need to worry about the Sky box falling loose.
How do you hide the cords on an electric fireplace?
How to Hide Wires From an Electric Fireplace
- Run the fireplace electric wires under the carpet edge between the back of the fireplace and the wall outlet.
- Use cord raceways to hide the fireplace wires.
- Surround the electric fireplace with large pieces of furniture such as bookshelves.
Are wall mounted fireplaces safe?
Choosing a Wall Mount Electric Fireplace. Because it is electric, it can simply be plugged into an electrical outlet and is ready for use. All of these types of fireplaces are safe to use because they are tested to make sure they meet UL standards and are thermostatically controlled.
Is it OK to mount a TV above a fireplace?
It’s not advisable to mount a TV above a fireplace because excess heat and electronics don’t mix. The area above the fireplace is often warmer than other wall surfaces in your home. The farther the fireplace mantle extends into the room, the more it will deflect heat from the above wall (and TV mounted there).
Can you hang a TV over a brick fireplace?
You‘re handy, we know. But TV mounting on a brick fireplace isn’t simple. If you‘re dead-set on mounting a TV on a brick fireplace, it’s a good idea to call an expert. You‘re going to need more than your basic masonry bits, which will dull quickly, and the consensus is that a hammer drill is best for the job.
Are there wall studs above a fireplace?
If you live in a newer home the walls above the fireplace are likely to be drywall over standard wood studs or furring strips. Studs are usually made of 2×4’s while furring strips are only an inch wide. Either way, having drywall with wood supports is going to make mounting a TV over the fireplace a lot smoother.
Where do you put a TV in a living room with a fireplace?
Tuck your TV to the side
Place a credenza or media stand next to your fireplace to display your TV. It won’t be the main focus of the room, but it is still easy to see from the sofa. And when you’re not interested in screen time, you still have your cozy fireplace as the main focal point.
How high should a TV be mounted over a fireplace?
If the mantel is less than four feet from the floor or your fireplace does not have a mantel, mount the screen around 12 inches above the mantel or fireplace itself. If your fireplace mantel is tall with a height of more than four feet ground up, mount the screen no more than six inches higher than the fireplace.
Where do you put cable box for wall mounted TV?
One idea for where to put your cable box is to use shelves that are also wall mounted. These are typically placed below the television and can accommodate multiple devices in a variety of arrangements.