- 1 How do you decorate a large wall behind a TV?
- 2 How do you decorate a large flat screen TV?
- 3 How do you hide a large flat screen TV?
- 4 How should I dress my TV on the wall?
- 5 What is the best color to paint a wall behind a TV?
- 6 Does TV have to be centered on wall?
- 7 How do you decorate a living room with a TV?
- 8 Where should a TV be placed without wall space?
- 9 How do you hide the cords on a wall mounted TV?
- 10 How can I hide my TV wires without cutting the wall?
- 11 How do I cover my TV with art?
- 12 What can I put under my wall-mounted TV in the living room?
- 13 How do you style a large TV on the wall?
- 14 How high should a TV be mounted on a wall?
- 15 How much wall decor is too much?
How do you decorate a large wall behind a TV?
Decor Dilemma: What to Do with the Wall Behind Your TV
- Create A Faux Built-In.
- Build Out A Mixed Media Wall.
- Hide Your TV Inside A Cabinet.
- Cover Your TV With A Curtain.
- Hang Your TV Within A Gallery Wall.
- Set Up A Room Divider.
- Mount Your TV On The Fireplace.
- Built A Floating Media Unit.
How do you decorate a large flat screen TV?
12 Ideas to Decorate Around a TV
- Add Sconces on a Mantel.
- Paint the Wall Dark Behind the TV.
- Hide a TV With a Curtain.
- Blend It With a Gallery Wall.
- Hide It Behind Mirrors.
- Flank It With Cabinets.
- Hide Your TV Behind a Painting.
- Incorporate It Into Built-Ins.
How do you hide a large flat screen TV?
15 Ingenious Ways to Hide a TV
- On an Electric Lift. Photo by CRD Design Build.
- Behind Curtains. Chances are, you’ve already installed window treatments that complement your decor.
- In a Gallery Wall. Photo by Lowe’s Home Improvement.
- Inside an Armoire.
- Behind Artwork.
- Behind Sliding Barn Doors.
- Behind a Vintage Map.
- Flush Against the Wall.
How should I dress my TV on the wall?
25 Brilliant Ideas for Creating a Super Stylish TV Wall
- Create a Photo Display.
- Think Black-and-White.
- Select a Serene Background.
- Let Your Furniture Do the Talking.
- Opt for Neutrals.
- Play Up Your Built Ins.
- Let Accessories Shine.
- Group Favorite Prints.
What is the best color to paint a wall behind a TV?
Shades like deep navy, dark jewel tones and really dark greys are all great near-black options. Dark wall paints, especially grey tones, have a tendency to dry lighter than expected. To address this, you may want to go a shade or two darker to get your desired color.
Does TV have to be centered on wall?
Staring up at a TV is like sitting in the front row of a movie theater. It’s not ideal, not comfortable, and not conducive to long viewing sessions. Generally speaking, you want the center of the TV to be about eye level, or even slightly lower. This is true whether you’re mounting the TV, or putting it on a stand.
How do you decorate a living room with a TV?
Layout Hacks: Our Favorite Tricks to Incorporate TV Viewing into any Living Room Layout
- Use the back of your sofa to define the space.
- Try swivel chairs for an easy swap to TV-viewing.
- Divide a large space into multiple zones.
- Place your TV next to the fireplace, on an angle.
- Use your sofa to divide the space.
Where should a TV be placed without wall space?
No Space for a TV Wall Mount? Try One of These 5 Creative Solutions
- Hide the back of the TV with cabinetry.
- Place all your components inside the cabinet.
- Use a power strip inside the cabinet so all cables and cords are contained inside the cabinet.
- Tip: Floor-mounted electrical outlets are your friend.
How do you hide the cords on a wall mounted TV?
Run TV Wires Behind the Wall
The best solution for keeping the cords of a wall–mounted TV out of sight involves hiding them behind the wall itself using recessed cable plates (e.g., Datacomm Cable Organizer Kit, available on Amazon).
How can I hide my TV wires without cutting the wall?
Here are a few cheap and easy ways to hide your TV wires without cutting into your walls.
- Use Cord Clips to Hide Your Wires Behind a TV Stand.
- Use Zip Ties to Keep Your Wires from Touching the Floor.
- Use a Cable Management Box.
- Use a Wall Cord Raceway Kit.
- Hide Your TV Wires Inside a Baseboard Raceway.
How do I cover my TV with art?
How to Hide a TV Using Art
- Measure your TV, and note down the size. Keep the size in mind as you’ll need to add a buffer for the photo print’s framing to ensure there’s enough space between the TV.
- Source an image that you want to print.
- Go to CanvasPop and get started on ordering your canvas print.
What can I put under my wall-mounted TV in the living room?
If you don’t want to go all in with a piece of furniture but still want something beneath (or around) TV, floating shelves are a great option. They help pull your TV into the overall design of the room – helping eliminate the “black box effect,” and they provide a lot of flexibility as well.
How do you style a large TV on the wall?
Frame out a rectangular shape with some small trim moulding, add wallcovering, like a charcoal gray grasscloth, and then add in wall decor placed around the tv. The dark background would disguise the black void of the tv and the other pieces would stand out nicely and not look too small on that big wall.
How high should a TV be mounted on a wall?
As a rule, a 42” television should be mounted about 56 inches from floor to TV center, a 55” TV should be around 61 inches, a 65” TV should be around 65 inches’ floor to center, and a 70” television should be mounted about 67 inches to the center of the screen.
How much wall decor is too much?
Generally, it’s not how many or how few pictures you have up on your wall, but their size ratio. After all, five small pictures on a wall can look bare, but five large pieces can be overwhelming. Rather, make sure that you have a good mix of big and little objects on your wall. A good rule of thumb is the 1:2 ratio.