- 1 Is WSJ app free?
- 2 How can I read an article without subscription?
- 3 How can I read newspaper articles for free?
- 4 How do I get WSJ on my iPhone for free?
- 5 Is a WSJ subscription worth it?
- 6 Why is the WSJ so expensive?
- 7 Can you read the Athletic for free?
- 8 How do you get around a newspaper paywall?
- 9 How can I read Washington Post for free?
- 10 How do I bypass wapo paywall?
- 11 How can I read Google Scholar articles for free?
- 12 How does Unpaywall work?
- 13 How do I get around the newspaper paywalls on my iPhone?
- 14 How do I bypass paywall on iPhone?
- 15 How do I create a shortcut on my iPhone?
Is WSJ app free?
Good news for news junkies and anyone who can still stomach reading about the stock market: The Wall Street Journal just took the wraps off an eponymous iPhone app, offering news, video, and even podcasts. Better still, there’s no charge for the app–or the content.
How can I read an article without subscription?
5 Ways to Bypass Paywall for Paid Articles
- Opening the page in Incognito Tab.
- Stop the page loading before the paywall gets loaded.
- Using a VPN.
- Using Outline.
- Bypass Paywalls Extension for Chrome/Firefox/Microsoft Edge.
- Bonus Tip – Cached Pages.
- 6 Ways to Fine-Tune Instagram Push Notifications On Your Phone.
How can I read newspaper articles for free?
7 Ways To Get Around The Paywalls Of WSJ, NYT And More
- Google a Headline. This is the easiest way to get around most paywalls.
- Use a Referer Control Extension.
- Go Into Incognito Mode.
- Delete Your Cookies.
- Make the Most Out of Social Media.
- Make Use of Your Read-It-Later Apps.
- Switch Up Your Browser.
How do I get WSJ on my iPhone for free?
In our iOS app, tap on the WSJ link and you’ll be taken to a signup page. Just enter your email address and you’ll forwarded to the WSJ main website. There’s no need to check your email for a special code or validator — it’s really simple. After 7 days, you’ll see this signup page again.
Is a WSJ subscription worth it?
It’s true that you can get most business news for free online, but the quality of The Wall Street Journal makes it well worth the cost to millions of daily readers. While I count myself among them, paying $20–40 per month for news may not make sense for everyone.
Why is the WSJ so expensive?
Quality costs. The Wall Street Journal is able to charge a tiny bit more than some of their real competitors (The New York Times, etc.) because they have a specialized team devoted to the financial news, and economic news, and news of stocks, and bonds, and similar related areas.
Can you read the Athletic for free?
You can read a few free articles in our app or start a 7-day free trial here: theathletic.com/freetrial. Plenty of opportunity to check out our content before subscribing.
Using a VPN to bypass newspaper paywalls
VPN gives you a virtual proxy address which helps you to bypass newspaper sites as they can’t track your IP address and you could connect and disconnect your VPN many times so that after every connection you get another IP address.
How can I read Washington Post for free?
Another popular way of reading Washington Post online for free is by using incognito mode, also known as privacy mode, in your browser. This mode allows you to disable the web cache and turn off browsing history.
How to Bypass Paywalls at Popular News Sites
- Use Add-ons and Extensions. If you use a web browser, this add-on can bypass paywalls on many sites.
- Clear site history and cookies.
- View cached or archived web pages.
- Disable Java Script in your browser.
- Use an online reading and annotation site.
How can I read Google Scholar articles for free?
You may find a free copy online.
- Go to Google Scholar, enter the article title, and click Search:
- If available, your article should appear as one of the first few results:
- If you click an article’s title, you may be taken to a publisher’s site that will ask you to pay for full text.
Unpaywall finds the kind of articles you’d see in peer-reviewed scholarly journals like Science or PLOS One, plus pre-publication versions of similar work from preprint repositories like arXiv. We harvest content directly from over 50,000 journals and open-access repositories from all over the world.
In the article with the paywall, tap on the share icon in the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen to bring up the Share Sheet. Scroll down the Share Sheet to view all of your shortcuts and tap on “Unpaywall,” which, if it’s the last shortcut you installed, should be last on the list.
Download Apple’s free Shortcuts app if you haven’t already. Next, visit the iCloud download page for the Bypass Paywall shortcut in Safari on iOS 12+ and tap the blue Get Shortcut button. If asked whether to open the iCloud file using the Shortcuts app, tap Open.
How do I create a shortcut on my iPhone?
To run your shortcut just say “Hey Siri,” then the shortcut name.
To add a shortcut:
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, open the Shortcuts app.
- Tap the Gallery tab.
- Under Shortcuts from Your Apps, tap See All to see actions from different apps.
- Tap Add next to a shortcut that you want to add.
- Tap Add to Siri.