- 1 What can I do with a large blank wall?
- 2 How do you decorate a tall wall in a family room?
- 3 What can I put on my large living room wall?
- 4 How do you decorate a tall wall in a living room?
- 5 Should picture frames match in a room?
- 6 What can I put on a blank bedroom wall?
- 7 How do you decorate a large living room?
- 8 How do you make a high ceiling room cozy?
- 9 How do you decorate a gallery wall?
- 10 How do you decorate a large wall over a couch?
- 11 How do I decorate my bedroom wall?
- 12 Does every wall need decor?
- 13 How do you hang pictures on a tall wall?
- 14 How do you break up a tall wall?
- 15 How do you hang art on a high wall?
What can I do with a large blank wall?
17 Of The Best Ways To Decorate Large Blank Walls
- Paint your own art on large canvases.
- Hang a quilt, blanket or tapestry.
- Hang a chic magazine holder.
- Create an accent wall with removable wallpaper.
- Hang floating shelves.
- Make a poster-size print of one of your own photographs.
- Install a display cabinet or bookshelf.
How do you decorate a tall wall in a family room?
Use Large Scale Art
Gallery walls and oversized art are probably the most common solution to fill up those tall walls. A large grouping of art or photographs are a great way to fill up the space. A single, oversized piece of art also makes a bold statement.
What can I put on my large living room wall?
Discover 20 wall decor ideas that are sure to add style to your home.
- Go for Large-Scale Art. Grant Gibson lets a 10′ x 6′ Peggy Wong photograph take center stage in a client’s living room.
- Create a Gallery Wall.
- Incorporate an Accent Wall.
- Showcase Fabric.
- Hang Mirrors.
- Paint a Mural.
- Install Shelves.
- Hang Plates.
How do you decorate a tall wall in a living room?
- Hang vertical artwork. A perfect complement to tall walls is vertical artwork.
- Size up. One of the easiest ways to warm up a tall wall is to scale up your artwork to complement it.
- Use bold colors.
- Consider installations.
- Play with textiles.
- Bring in wood trim.
- Try stone.
- Mix it up.
Should picture frames match in a room?
If part of the decor in your home entails picture frames, you may wonder if they should all match or if it’s best to mix it up some. While the bottom line is certainly a matter of personal preference, in terms of creating a contemporary and stylish look, the answer is no, the picture frames should not all match.
What can I put on a blank bedroom wall?
4 Things to do with an empty wall in your bedroom
- Paint the Wall with a Vibrant Color. Painting the wall behind your bed with a different and a vibrant colour than the rest of the room might give the overall room a look that you were looking for.
- Add a Wall Mural or a Painting.
- Hang Mirrors.
- Add Sculptural Sconces.
How do you decorate a large living room?
- Strategically place tall potted plants.
- Paint two-tone walls.
- Swap your coffee tables for oversized ottomans.
- Round out a big seating plan with a pair of X-benches.
- Use a daybed as a room divider.
- Define zones with a console table.
- Add coziness with a screen.
- Comfortably fill a large space with an L-shaped sectional.
How do you make a high ceiling room cozy?
High Ceilings Tips
- Paint the ceiling. If you think of the ceiling as another blank canvas, a lot of possibilities open up.
- Do two-tone walls.
- Accent with tall plants.
- Warm up the windows with curtains.
- Create intimate conversation areas.
- Use luxurious textures.
How do you decorate a gallery wall?
Add some green to your gallery wall by hanging up a few different flowers and plants between your images. If you’re looking to decorate a small space, try using a tiny gallery of colorful photos. To make the small photos pop, use painted frames.
How do you decorate a large wall over a couch?
12 Unique Ways to Fill the Space Above Your Sofa
- Repurpose an Area Rug. Handed-down tapestries have been a wall decor mainstay for centuries.
- Perfect a Sofa Table.
- Paint Your Own Artwork.
- Embrace the Boho Trend.
- Let Your Vintage Flags Fly.
- Map It Out.
- Turn Wallpaper Into Artwork.
- Mirror Mirror.
How do I decorate my bedroom wall?
Here are some easy ways you can take your bedroom wall decorating to the next level.
- Paint (or wallpaper) the wall a rich, vibrant color.
- Hang a patterned rug.
- Add a wall mural.
- Create a gallery wall.
- Hang a room divider.
- Hang a horizontal painting or mirror.
- Hang a series of wall art horizontally.
Does every wall need decor?
The key to any successful interior design is balance. That means when it comes to hanging pictures, no, you don’t need to fill every wall space with pictures. Empty wall space can be used as a crucial design element to enhance your décor.
How do you hang pictures on a tall wall?
Using the rule of thirds, hang your paintings in roughly the middle third of the wall, as measured from the floor to the ceiling. This will keep them at a visible level and create a “horizon” to ground the vastness of the high-ceilinged space.
How do you break up a tall wall?
- 28 Creative Decorating Ideas for Tall Walls. Best Of· Creative Ideas for· Design Tips.
- Artwork. Standard-sized artwork will be too small for tall walls, but you can still use it if you create a large-scale gallery wall.
- Murals & Wallpaper.
- Display Pieces.
- Use One, Tall Focal Point.
- Cut the Space in Two.
How do you hang art on a high wall?
We find it’s best to hang single artwork at eye level, and 60 inches from center to the floor is the magic number. If you’re hanging your art above furniture, it can be 4-6 inches above the piece. If the art is going above a sofa or console, the piece should be approximately 2/3 width of the furniture.