- 1 What can I put on my large living room wall?
- 2 How do you decorate a large wall over a couch?
- 3 What can I do with empty wall space?
- 4 How do I choose a wall decor for my living room?
- 5 How can I decorate my living room?
- 6 How can I decorate my bedroom walls?
- 7 Should a sofa go against the wall?
- 8 What can I put behind my couch in the middle of the room?
- 9 What can you put between couch and wall?
- 10 How do you fill awkward wall space?
- 11 How should I arrange my paintings on the wall?
- 12 What can I put in an empty corner?
- 13 What kind of paintings are good for living room?
- 14 Which painting is good for home?
- 15 How do I choose decorations?
What can I put on my large living room wall?
Discover 20 wall decor ideas that are sure to add style to your home.
- Go for Large-Scale Art. Grant Gibson lets a 10′ x 6′ Peggy Wong photograph take center stage in a client’s living room.
- Create a Gallery Wall.
- Incorporate an Accent Wall.
- Showcase Fabric.
- Hang Mirrors.
- Paint a Mural.
- Install Shelves.
- Hang Plates.
How do you decorate a large wall over a couch?
12 Unique Ways to Fill the Space Above Your Sofa
- Repurpose an Area Rug. Handed-down tapestries have been a wall decor mainstay for centuries.
- Perfect a Sofa Table.
- Paint Your Own Artwork.
- Embrace the Boho Trend.
- Let Your Vintage Flags Fly.
- Map It Out.
- Turn Wallpaper Into Artwork.
- Mirror Mirror.
What can I do with empty wall space?
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
- Hang a rug as wall tapestry.
- Build a mantel and floating shelf.
- Infuse color with hanging flower vases.
- Create your own yarn wall.
- Turn wooden coffee stirrers into modern art.
- Add design and style with Spanish tiles.
- Craft floating shelves.
- Build your own geometric pattern.
How do I choose a wall decor for my living room?
There are some general sizing rules to think about:
- Pictures should not be more than two-thirds longer than your sofa.
- Photos should be at least 15 centimetres above the edge of your furniture.
- A small piece of art can’t fill a big space. Group small pieces together.
- Consider the height of ceilings when choosing size.
How can I decorate my living room?
Add in minimal brass accents, like a metal-frame coffee table and eye-catching metallic lighting. This living room is also a good blueprint for small space decorating. While the only three furniture items are two seats and a small coffee table, the ceiling light is all it takes to make the entire room feel special.
How can I decorate my bedroom walls?
Here are some easy ways you can take your bedroom wall decorating to the next level.
- Paint (or wallpaper) the wall a rich, vibrant color.
- Hang a patterned rug.
- Add a wall mural.
- Create a gallery wall.
- Hang a room divider.
- Hang a horizontal painting or mirror.
- Hang a series of wall art horizontally.
Should a sofa go against the wall?
Don’t push all your furniture up against the walls. Pull your sofa (or other seating) out at least 12″ from the wall. It will make the space seem more inviting and cozy, instead of creating a big bunch of weird dead space in the middle.
What can I put behind my couch in the middle of the room?
Have Your Sofa’s Back: 4 Ideas for What to do with the Space Behind Your Sofa
- Console Table. Perhaps the most obvious idea, a console table is a great option to cover your sofa’s behind.
- Seating Nook.
What can you put between couch and wall?
Depending on your needs for the room, the decorating solution for the space between the sofa and the wall might be a grouping or a single item.
- Create a Sofa Table Display.
- Add a Floor Lamp.
- Use Shelves or a Room Screen.
- Set Up Floral Displays.
- Use Plants.
How do you fill awkward wall space?
What To Do With Awkward Wall Space
- Tall open space in barn-style home with thermostat in the middle of the tall wall.:-(
- Tall cabinet to fill vacant corner adds height and works well.
- What wall decor arrangement to put above a large corner sectional sofa?
- Media room with large sectional sofa – What wall decor work here?
How should I arrange my paintings on the wall?
Use one large piece or several small pieces that appear as one unit.
- Remember you are decorating a wall. Choose smaller pieces for narrow walls and larger canvas wall art pieces for big walls.
- Arrange pictures on a wall before putting hammer to nail. Lay everything out on a table or on the floor.
- Hang artwork at eye level.
What can I put in an empty corner?
- Build Visual Interest with Mirrors and Antique Finds.
- Construct a Decorative Shelf.
- Install a Dry Bar.
- Repurpose a Vintage Find.
- Add a Show-Stopping Cat Tower.
- Present Art in a Unique Fashion.
- Pick a Plant for an Empty Corner.
- Style a Corner Bar.
What kind of paintings are good for living room?
For an ethnically styled living room, ethnic theme based paintings like Mughal Love and Court Paintings and Radha Krishna Paintings are well suited. For a room with contemporary furniture, abstract and surreal paintings would make more sense. A painting with realistic theme will look great in a minimalistic room.
Which painting is good for home?
A flowing water body depicts energy and flow of life. If placed in the north-east direction, the flowing water image depicts knowledge. You can hang a waterfall painting or a river picture in the home or office. It has the power to create more blissful vibrations in your space.
How do I choose decorations?
5 Steps for Finding Your Decorating Style
- Browse magazines.
- Take an online quiz.
- Look to your wardrobe.
- Pay attention to the exterior of homes.
- Take an inventory of your current decor.
- Do it yourself.
- Shop flea markets, consignment stores, yard sales & Craigslist.