- 1 Where do you hide cable box with TV over fireplace?
- 2 How do you mount a TV over a brick fireplace and hide the wires?
- 3 How do you hide wires from fireplace without cutting wall?
- 4 How high should a TV be mounted over a fireplace?
- 5 Can you wall mount a TV above a fireplace?
- 6 How high should a wall mounted fireplace be?
- 7 How do you hide the cords on an electric fireplace?
- 8 How do you mount a fireplace on the wall?
- 9 Can you mount a TV above a brick fireplace?
- 10 Are there wall studs above a fireplace?
- 11 How do you hide cables from floor wires?
- 12 How do you hide wires on ceiling?
Where do you hide cable box with TV over fireplace?
Your cable box is going to need a place to sit when you install your TV above your fireplace. You can place it on the mantle if it’s wide enough. However, if there’s not enough room, you can also have the cables run to a box in another room. Another thing that works is building a shelf just for your cable box.
How do you mount a TV over a brick fireplace and hide the wires?
How To Mount the TV
- Drill holes in brick according to mounting slots on TV mount. Use level when drilling to make sure holes are level.
- Mount TV Wall Mount Kit according to directions.
- Mount brackets on back of tv to attach the wall mount according to instructions.
- Mount TV to wall mount.
How do you hide wires from fireplace without cutting wall?
How to Hide Your TV Wires Without Cutting Into Your Walls
- Use Cord Clips to Hide Your Wires Behind a TV Stand.
- Use Zip Ties to Keep Your Wires from Touching the Floor.
- Use a Cable Management Box.
- Use a Wall Cord Raceway Kit.
- Hide Your TV Wires Inside a Baseboard Raceway.
- Use a Fabric Cord Concealer.
- Use Decor to Hide Your TV Wires.
- Hide Your TV Wires Behind a Panelboard.
How high should a TV be mounted over a fireplace?
If the mantel is less than four feet from the floor or your fireplace does not have a mantel, mount the screen around 12 inches above the mantel or fireplace itself. If your fireplace mantel is tall with a height of more than four feet ground up, mount the screen no more than six inches higher than the fireplace.
Can you wall mount a TV above a fireplace?
It could give you neck strain
But it might not be as relaxing as you think! The best height to position your TV is at eye-level. If you hang it above your fireplace, it will be much higher than this. If you try and position it lower, the TV might be getting too close to the fire, risking heat damage.
How high should a wall mounted fireplace be?
How high should a wall mounted fire be? You can fit your fire anywhere on your wall so long as it meets any installation requirements. Many people like to have them at eye level from a seated position, which works out about 40-42” off the floor. Others like to place them between their wall mounted TV and the floor.
How do you hide the cords on an electric fireplace?
How to Hide Wires From an Electric Fireplace
- Run the fireplace electric wires under the carpet edge between the back of the fireplace and the wall outlet.
- Use cord raceways to hide the fireplace wires.
- Surround the electric fireplace with large pieces of furniture such as bookshelves.
How do you mount a fireplace on the wall?
- Find a safe location close to a power outlet. Find a location that is close to a power outlet.
- Attach Bracket(s) to The Wall.
- Attach Brackets to The Bottom of The Fireplace (Some Models).
- Hang The Fireplace on The Bracket.
- Secure The Bottom of The Fireplace to The Wall.
- Plug Power Cord and Enjoy.
Can you mount a TV above a brick fireplace?
Mounting a TV always requires special equipment, no matter what type of wall you use. Mounting a TV above a brick fireplace requires masonry bits and a hammer drill to get the job done.
Are there wall studs above a fireplace?
If you live in a newer home the walls above the fireplace are likely to be drywall over standard wood studs or furring strips. Studs are usually made of 2×4’s while furring strips are only an inch wide. Either way, having drywall with wood supports is going to make mounting a TV over the fireplace a lot smoother.
How do you hide cables from floor wires?
- Use cable ties: Use cable ties to bundle cords and snip off the ends as needed.
- Conceal with flex tubing: Measure the length of the cords you want to conceal, then measure and cut flex tubing to match the length.
- Wrap around the wires:
How do you hide wires on ceiling?
You can hide wires in an exposed ceiling by painting the wires or your ceiling beams or using plastic or fabric cord covers, wooden molds, or decorative boxes. However, make sure your wires are safely in place to avoid any accidents. You can do this by pinning them in place, except when you’re using fabric covers.