- 1 What do I do with my cable box when I mount my TV?
- 2 Where do you put cable box when mounting TV?
- 3 How do you hide cable box from wall mounted TV?
- 4 Will cable box work behind TV?
- 5 Can I make my cable box wireless?
- 6 How can I hide my TV Box?
- 7 How high is too high to mount a TV over fireplace?
- 8 How can I get cable in another room without a box?
- 9 How can I get cable box in another room?
What do I do with my cable box when I mount my TV?
Behind Your Television
Among other options, you can use cable ties or adhesive hanging strips to attach the cable box and cords to the TV. However, many televisions do not offer sufficient space to hide different cable boxes, especially if they are bulkier (such as those with DVR functionalities).
Where do you put cable box when mounting TV?
All you need is to put the cable box behind the TV and ask a friend to change channels. You can mount one side into a stud if it is possible. Make sure no to drill a pilot hole when you mount the stud. For creating holes into a stud you need to use a mounting screw since the 3/16″ drill bit seems too large.
How do you hide cable box from wall mounted TV?
HIDE the Cable Box Behind a Wall Mounted TV
- Step 1: Gather Your Tools.
- Step 2: Determine Mount Location(s) With Your TV on the Wall.
- Step 4: Line Up Your Component Mount With the Anchors.
- Step 5: Insert Your Devices Connect & Tidy Cords.
Will cable box work behind TV?
Many cable boxes use IR / Infrared which is a strong signal that can bounce off of walls, like a laser pointer. This helps to explain why your remote signal won’t travel through your cabinet door or around a corner yet it will work with your cable box hidden behind the TV.
Can I make my cable box wireless?
With a wireless video HDMI kit, simply connect a transmitter to the existing set top box in your living room and a receiver to your TV. It’s a great option for people who don’t want to run cables across the house. Instead, you and your friends can enjoy a wireless streaming experience wherever you place your TV.
How can I hide my TV Box?
How to hide a cable box
- Step 1: Placing the boxes. If your TV is fixed in one position once it’s mounted, you’ll need to install all of your soon-to-be-hidden hardware before you hang the TV.
- Step 2: Place velcro.
- Step 3: Install power strip.
- Step 4:Install infrared repeater.
- Step 5: Wrap wires.
How high is too high to mount a TV over fireplace?
In general, the answer is 60-68 inches above the ground; however, this number will vary depending on the height of the homeowner. If you have to lift or strain your neck at all, it’s too high.
How can I get cable in another room without a box?
To watch TV in another room without a cable box, however, that information will have to be mirrored. To achieve that, you can attach a cable splitter between the output of your main cable box and first TV, then run one or more secondary lines to other televisions.
How can I get cable box in another room?
If there’s nowhere to hide your cable box, you can choose to put it in a nearby cabinet or closet and send the video signal and IR commands with a wireless HDMI kit. A basic kit, like the IOGEAR Wireless 4K @ 30Hz Video Extender with Local Pass-through, is easy to install and works at a distance of up to 150 feet.