- 1 What should I put on the wall above my bed?
- 2 How do you decorate a space above a bed?
- 3 Should you hang art above your bed?
- 4 What should I hang above my nightstand?
- 5 What can I put behind my headboard to stop hitting the wall?
- 6 Should I put a mirror above my bed?
- 7 Is it bad luck to hang a mirror above your bed?
- 8 How do I fill space in my bedroom?
- 9 What do you put over a headboard?
- 10 How much of a wall should art cover?
- 11 How high do you hang pictures on a 10 foot wall?
- 12 Should art be centered on wall or over furniture?
- 13 How can I decorate my bedroom walls?
- 14 How do you decorate the top of a dresser?
- 15 How can I decorate my bedroom?
What should I put on the wall above my bed?
Ten Things to Hang Above The Bed
- Mirrors, Large and Small. A mirror is a natural choice since large or small, they create an instant focal point above the bed.
- Black and White Photographs.
- Canopy or Cornice.
- Trays or Plates.
- Wallpaper or Stencil.
How do you decorate a space above a bed?
The space above the bed is a tricky one to decorate.
60 Ideas for Filling the Empty Space Above Your Bed
- Go for stability with shelves.
- Wallpaper a wall.
- Install a shelf.
- Art + sconces = beautiful utility.
- Accent with abstract art.
- Open up the room with a mirror.
- Drape a tapestry.
- Toss a tapestry over a curtain rod.
Should you hang art above your bed?
How high should you hang artwork above your bed? When hanging artwork above your bed or any other piece of furniture, it should be 4-6 inches above the top of the furniture. If the art is going above a sofa or console, the piece should be approximately 2/3 width of the furniture.
What should I hang above my nightstand?
Place a leaning or hanging piece of art / mirror
Instead of hanging something above the bed, try the sides above your nightstand. Why not place the mirror or art next to the bed.
What can I put behind my headboard to stop hitting the wall?
Grab two or more rubber bumpers like these ones, also known as door stoppers, peel their self-adhesive back, and stick them either on the wall surface where the headboard hits the wall, or on each corner of the headboard. The product protects the wall from scratches and helps minimize rattling noises.
Should I put a mirror above my bed?
Add a Mirror
Hanging a mirror above your bed will instantly make your bedroom feel larger and lighter by reflecting the natural light in your space.
Is it bad luck to hang a mirror above your bed?
So is it bad luck to hang a mirror above your bed? According to Feng Shui, any mirror in the bedroom can detract from that feeling of the bedroom being a sanctuary as they stir up and disturb the atmosphere in the room. Thus creating less than ideal energies that can interfere with healing and even your love life!
How do I fill space in my bedroom?
- Empty Corners – Include additional seating.
- Corner Walls – Extend your headboard.
- Smaller Bedroom Corners – Use twin bedside tables.
- Corner Window Dressing – Hang curtains from wall to wall.
- Window Corners – Create a cosy reading nook.
- Larger Bedroom Corners – Add a vanity table and stool.
What do you put over a headboard?
10 Ideas For Decorating Over The Bed:
- Make a gallery wall.
- Add a great piece of artwork.
- Add wainscoting or shiplap to the walls.
- Paint the wall a different color or use wallpaper different than the other walls in the room.
- Add a sunburst mirror.
- Hang fabric panels.
- Add shelving.
How much of a wall should art cover?
1) Wall art should take up 60%- 75% of the available wall space, i.e wall space that isn’t covered by furniture or moldings. Start by measuring the width and height of your wall and then multiply them by both 0.60 and 0.75. This will give you the range of canvas print sizes that will suit the space.
How high do you hang pictures on a 10 foot wall?
A good rule of thumb is to hang art so that its midpoint is between 57 and 60 inches from the floor.
Should art be centered on wall or over furniture?
Artwork should be centered over the furniture such as a sofa, bed or mantel. Artwork placed above a main piece of furniture in the room should be placed no more than six inches above the piece of furniture in order to make them appear cohesive.
How can I decorate my bedroom walls?
Here are some easy ways you can take your bedroom wall decorating to the next level.
- Paint (or wallpaper) the wall a rich, vibrant color.
- Hang a patterned rug.
- Add a wall mural.
- Create a gallery wall.
- Hang a room divider.
- Hang a horizontal painting or mirror.
- Hang a series of wall art horizontally.
How do you decorate the top of a dresser?
Choose accent pieces of varied sizes and shapes—any of the following are great choices:
- Framed photos.
- One or two hardback books.
- Decorative boxes or vases.
- Jewelry box.
- Antique glass jars or Mason jars filled with jewelry or interesting small items.
How can I decorate my bedroom?
Learn the main rules to remember when decorating your bedroom.
- Choose Subtle Color.
- Don’t Overlook the Ceiling.
- Keep the Bedroom Simple.
- Choose the Right Size Furniture.
- Have Plenty of Storage.
- Include a Private Nook.
- Indulge in Luxurious Linens.
- Cover the Windows.