- 1 What can I use to cover concrete walls?
- 2 How can I cover my concrete walls cheap?
- 3 How do you cover interior concrete walls?
- 4 How do you beautify a concrete wall?
- 5 What paint works best on concrete walls?
- 6 How do you cover a concrete wall with plants?
- 7 Can you use wallpaper on concrete walls?
- 8 How do you make a cinder block wall look good?
- 9 How can I finish my basement cheaply?
- 10 Can you drywall over concrete?
- 11 How do you paint a cinder block basement wall?
- 12 What do you do with concrete walls in a basement?
What can I use to cover concrete walls?
The simplest way to cover a cinder block wall is by using surface bonding cement to create a concrete finish. Concrete helps insulate the building and keep moisture out. It creates a smooth, finished surface you can leave as is or paint.
How can I cover my concrete walls cheap?
Fortunately, you can cover basement foundation walls quickly and inexpensively. Attach wood furring strips, Z-shape channels, or 2×4 studs to flat, dry masonry walls, then add insulation and cover the strips or studs with drywall.
How do you cover interior concrete walls?
Ideas for Finishing an Interior Concrete Block Wall
- Pargeting. Pargeting is the traditional way of covering up concrete blocks.
- Painting. If you can’t be bothered with parging, you can still improve the look of your wall by painting it.
- Wood Paneling. You can hide your concrete blocks altogether by facing the wall with wood paneling.
How do you beautify a concrete wall?
Beautify exterior concrete walls, such as retaining walls, by applying a layer of stucco to create a textured appearance. Add a “cap” to the top of the wall if desired by attaching small slabs of flat, natural stone to the wall top using the correct adhesive.
What paint works best on concrete walls?
Masonry paint (also called elastomeric paint or elastomeric wall coating) is a good choice for concrete painting because it contains binders that contract and expand with the concrete. Exterior house paint can crack and peel on concrete.
How do you cover a concrete wall with plants?
To completely cover a concrete wall, plant vines that will spread easily and grow up and over the wall’s surface. Honeysuckle (Lonicera spp) is twining vine with pretty, tubular flowers and evergreen foliage that is hardy in USDA zones 4 through 9, depending on the species.
Can you use wallpaper on concrete walls?
Wallpaper will adhere to drywall, new and old plaster, concrete, masonry, and paneling. You can even wallpaper over slick, nonporous surfaces, such as tile, concrete block, or synthetic laminate paneling.
How do you make a cinder block wall look good?
Faux Finish you can make that ugly cinder block wall look like cut, fitted stone or brick. Cut stone is simplest look to achieve because you follow the existing grout lines. For the brick look, youll need to fake some additional grout because bricks are smaller than cinder blocks.
How can I finish my basement cheaply?
How To Finish A Basement On A Budget – 8 Tips
- Start Small—But With Flair. When people use up their budget on finishing the entire basement, the result may look bland, says Leah Smith of Ohio-based contractor Buckeye Basements.
- Keep It Dry.
- Get Creative With Flooring.
- Don Your Painting Clothes.
- Change It Up.
- Choose Your Ceiling.
- Clear The Air.
- Check The Codes.
Can you drywall over concrete?
You can glue drywall sheets to a concrete block wall. Drywall is usually attached to wall studs with 2-inch drywall screws using an electric drill with a driver bit installed. You can glue drywall to the interior of concrete block walls using a straightforward procedure.
How do you paint a cinder block basement wall?
Paint the entire wall with a thin coat of a concrete sealer or concrete primer. Apply an even coat with a wide paintbrush. Allow it to dry for four hours or for the time indicated on the sealer label. Paint a thin coat of exterior latex masonry paint or exterior acrylic house paint onto the prepared cinder blocks.
What do you do with concrete walls in a basement?
Basement walls of cinder block, brick, or even poured concrete can be transformed pretty quickly and simply with a coat of paint. Go for a solid color, or get wild and design a mural to brighten up that subterranean space of yours.