- 1 What can I do with a large bedroom wall?
- 2 What can I do with a blank wall in my bedroom?
- 3 How do you decorate a large high wall?
- 4 What can I hang over my bed in master bedroom?
- 5 What can I do with a bare wall?
- 6 How do you fill a large bedroom?
- 7 How can I make my bedroom look nice?
- 8 Should you hang pictures above your bed?
- 9 Does every wall need decor?
- 10 How high do you hang pictures on a 10 foot wall?
- 11 How do you style a large wall?
- 12 How do you decorate a large high ceiling wall?
- 13 What can I put behind my headboard to stop hitting the wall?
- 14 What are the best colors for a master bedroom?
- 15 How do I decorate the walls behind my bed?
What can I do with a large bedroom wall?
Here are some easy ways you can take your bedroom wall decorating to the next level.
- Paint (or wallpaper) the wall a rich, vibrant color.
- Hang a patterned rug.
- Add a wall mural.
- Create a gallery wall.
- Hang a room divider.
- Hang a horizontal painting or mirror.
- Hang a series of wall art horizontally.
What can I do with a blank wall in my bedroom?
Below are several ideas to help make those blank walls the highlight of each room.
- Add millwork. Getty Images.
- Create a wood pallet wall. Getty Images.
- Add a map.
- Add mirrors and sconces — or ledges.
- Add a dramatic color.
- Create interesting storage options.
- Create a graffiti wall.
- Create an authentic-looking wood or stone wall.
How do you decorate a large high wall?
- Hang vertical artwork. A perfect complement to tall walls is vertical artwork.
- Size up. One of the easiest ways to warm up a tall wall is to scale up your artwork to complement it.
- Use bold colors.
- Consider installations.
- Play with textiles.
- Bring in wood trim.
- Try stone.
- Mix it up.
What can I hang over my bed in master bedroom?
Ten Things to Hang Above The Bed
- Mirrors, Large and Small. A mirror is a natural choice since large or small, they create an instant focal point above the bed.
- Black and White Photographs.
- Canopy or Cornice.
- Trays or Plates.
- Wallpaper or Stencil.
What can I do with a bare wall?
If you’re ready to turn those stark, bare walls into stylish centerpieces, keep reading.
20 Wall Decor Ideas to Refresh Your Space
- Go for Large-Scale Art.
- Create a Gallery Wall.
- Incorporate an Accent Wall.
- Showcase Fabric.
- Hang Mirrors.
- Paint a Mural.
- Install Shelves.
- Hang Plates.
How do you fill a large bedroom?
A sitting area in your master bedroom set is a nice way to relax before bed — and a nice way to fill up extra space. Add a workspace to your master bedroom décor and fill that extra space that every big bedroom has. It is a smart way to use the extra space.
How can I make my bedroom look nice?
- Bring in a plant. The smallest little bit of green life in your space can make the overall room aesthetic a lot nicer.
- Add a mirror.
- Hang some wall art.
- Change up your lighting scheme.
- Rearrange your furniture layout.
- Put down a rug.
- Accessorize a surface.
- Toss a throw pillow on it.
Should you hang pictures above your bed?
How high should you hang artwork above your bed? When hanging artwork above your bed or any other piece of furniture, it should be 4-6 inches above the top of the furniture. If the art is going above a sofa or console, the piece should be approximately 2/3 width of the furniture.
Does every wall need decor?
The key to any successful interior design is balance. That means when it comes to hanging pictures, no, you don’t need to fill every wall space with pictures. Empty wall space can be used as a crucial design element to enhance your décor.
How high do you hang pictures on a 10 foot wall?
A good rule of thumb is to hang art so that its midpoint is between 57 and 60 inches from the floor.
How do you style a large wall?
17 Of The Best Ways To Decorate Large Blank Walls
- Paint your own art on large canvases.
- Hang a quilt, blanket or tapestry.
- Hang a chic magazine holder.
- Create an accent wall with removable wallpaper.
- Hang floating shelves.
- Make a poster-size print of one of your own photographs.
- Install a display cabinet or bookshelf.
How do you decorate a large high ceiling wall?
Use Large Scale Art
Gallery walls and oversized art are probably the most common solution to fill up those tall walls. A large grouping of art or photographs are a great way to fill up the space. A single, oversized piece of art also makes a bold statement.
What can I put behind my headboard to stop hitting the wall?
Grab two or more rubber bumpers like these ones, also known as door stoppers, peel their self-adhesive back, and stick them either on the wall surface where the headboard hits the wall, or on each corner of the headboard. The product protects the wall from scratches and helps minimize rattling noises.
What are the best colors for a master bedroom?
50 Inviting Master Bedroom Color Schemes
- Navy + Multi. Deeper shades of blue are known for inducing calm and peace within, so why not bring that sense of relaxation into the bedroom?
- Brown + Bright White.
- Soft Lavender + Purple.
- Apple Green + Preppy Blue.
- Soft Pink + Dark Blue.
- Mossy Green + Pure White.
- Deep Plum + Antique White.
How do I decorate the walls behind my bed?
10 Ideas For Decorating Over The Bed:
- Make a gallery wall.
- Add a great piece of artwork.
- Add wainscoting or shiplap to the walls.
- Paint the wall a different color or use wallpaper different than the other walls in the room.
- Add a sunburst mirror.
- Hang fabric panels.
- Add shelving.