- 1 Where do wires go when wall mounting a TV?
- 2 Where do you hide cable box for wall mounted TV?
- 3 Where do you put cable box for wall mounted TV above fireplace?
- 4 What do you put under a wall mounted TV?
- 5 How can I hide my TV wires without cutting the wall?
- 6 Can TV fall off wall mount?
- 7 Can cable box be hidden?
- 8 Can you mount a TV above a gas fireplace?
- 9 Where do you put your DVD player when your TV is above the fireplace?
- 10 Will cable box work behind TV?
- 11 Does TV have to be centered on wall?
- 12 How high on the wall should a TV be mounted?
- 13 What color should your wall be behind your TV?
Where do wires go when wall mounting a TV?
The outlet power is attached to a plastic tube that you place behind the wall via two holes that you drill into the wall behind the TV(one hole low on the wall, the other higher on the wall behind the TV). Your TV cords run through the plastic tube. The top outlet has a power plug. This is where you plug in the TV.
Where do you hide cable box for wall mounted TV?
HIDE the Cable Box Behind a Wall Mounted TV
- Step 1: Gather Your Tools.
- Step 2: Determine Mount Location(s) With Your TV on the Wall.
- Step 4: Line Up Your Component Mount With the Anchors.
- Step 5: Insert Your Devices Connect & Tidy Cords.
Where do you put cable box for wall mounted TV above fireplace?
Your cable box is going to need a place to sit when you install your TV above your fireplace. You can place it on the mantle if it’s wide enough. However, if there’s not enough room, you can also have the cables run to a box in another room. Another thing that works is building a shelf just for your cable box.
What do you put under a wall mounted TV?
If you don’t want to go all in with a piece of furniture but still want something beneath (or around) TV, floating shelves are a great option. They help pull your TV into the overall design of the room – helping eliminate the “black box effect,” and they provide a lot of flexibility as well.
How can I hide my TV wires without cutting the wall?
Here are a few cheap and easy ways to hide your TV wires without cutting into your walls.
- Use Cord Clips to Hide Your Wires Behind a TV Stand.
- Use Zip Ties to Keep Your Wires from Touching the Floor.
- Use a Cable Management Box.
- Use a Wall Cord Raceway Kit.
- Hide Your TV Wires Inside a Baseboard Raceway.
Can TV fall off wall mount?
There is a chance that even with a good quality TV mount and fixings correctly secured that the TV could fall off the wall by it not being installed properly. This is usually done by someone that does not have the skill-set to mount TV’s to walls, this could be a rogue trader or “Cowboy” as they are often known.
The obvious solution is to hide it behind behind closed doors. Unfortunately, many of today’s cable boxes and other componenets use IR (infrared) remotes, which require line of sight to work. So if you put your cable box behind doors, you’ll have to open them whenever you want to change channels.
Can you mount a TV above a gas fireplace?
The short answer is – yes. However, to ensure your television isn’t damaged from the heat, care must be taken to ensure heat generated by the fireplace is redirected away from television. There are several ways to do this, such as installing a proper mantel and building an alcove for the television.
Where do you put your DVD player when your TV is above the fireplace?
Option 1: Put them on a shelf or a furniture
One of the options to hide a DVD player or virgin box when your TV is on the wall is to simply leave them on sight. If you don’t want to hang them on the wall, you can well place them on a shelf as well.
Will cable box work behind TV?
Many cable boxes use IR / Infrared which is a strong signal that can bounce off of walls, like a laser pointer. This helps to explain why your remote signal won’t travel through your cabinet door or around a corner yet it will work with your cable box hidden behind the TV.
Does TV have to be centered on wall?
Staring up at a TV is like sitting in the front row of a movie theater. It’s not ideal, not comfortable, and not conducive to long viewing sessions. Generally speaking, you want the center of the TV to be about eye level, or even slightly lower. This is true whether you’re mounting the TV, or putting it on a stand.
How high on the wall should a TV be mounted?
As a rule, a 42” television should be mounted about 56 inches from floor to TV center, a 55” TV should be around 61 inches, a 65” TV should be around 65 inches’ floor to center, and a 70” television should be mounted about 67 inches to the center of the screen.
What color should your wall be behind your TV?
If you absolutely don’t want to notice your TV in your overall decor, paint the wall behind the tv in a dark, muted color. Deep grays and charcoal can be beautiful when used in this way, especially if you want a color with depth.