- 1 How do you decorate a narrow hallway wall?
- 2 How do you decorate a hallway?
- 3 What can you put on a narrow hallway wall?
- 4 How do you decorate a hall wall?
- 5 How can I make my hallway look more expensive?
- 6 How do you make a hallway look welcoming?
- 7 What color makes a hallway look wider?
- 8 What is a good Colour for a hallway?
- 9 How do you brighten a narrow hallway?
- 10 How do you make a small hallway look bigger?
- 11 How do you style a small hallway?
- 12 How do you decorate a boring hallway?
- 13 How do you dress up a hallway?
- 14 How do you decorate a small wall?
- 15 Does every wall need decor?
How do you decorate a narrow hallway wall?
Here are 7 ways to do just that:
- Hang a Mirror. Put a mirror down at the end to extend the hallway even more and possibly reflect some light down there.
- Use Contrasting Paint Color.
- Add Artwork.
- Lay a Runner.
- Create Wall Finishes.
- Paint a Ceiling Treatment.
- Install More Lighting.
How do you decorate a hallway?
These Are the 25 Smartest Hallway Decorating Ideas We’ve Ever Seen
- Make a statement with mirrors. Want to fake your way to a more spacious hallway?
- Style with shiplap.
- Repeat your light fixtures.
- Pick out a pendant.
- Add accessories.
- Wow with wallpaper.
- Create storage with a console.
- Keep your console clear.
What can you put on a narrow hallway wall?
The Dos and Don’ts of Styling a Narrow Hallway
- Add architectural details, such as wainscoting. Wainscoting is not the simplest fix, but if you can swing it, it’s a fabulous way to break up the wall, giving it character.
- Make mirrors work, if you can. Mirrors are an easy way to make a space feel bigger (or wider).
- Focus on the end of the hallway.
How do you decorate a hall wall?
20 Wall Decor Ideas to Refresh Your Space
- Go for Large-Scale Art. Grant Gibson lets a 10′ x 6′ Peggy Wong photograph take center stage in a client’s living room.
- Create a Gallery Wall.
- Incorporate an Accent Wall.
- Showcase Fabric.
- Hang Mirrors.
- Paint a Mural.
- Install Shelves.
- Hang Plates.
How can I make my hallway look more expensive?
8 Simple Ways to Make Your Hallway Look More Expensive
- Create a Statement Staircase.
- Add Plants and Flowers to Your Décor.
- Utilise Shelving.
- Use Mirrors to Open Up the Space.
- Don’t Be Scared to Add Personality.
- Use Lights to Create Drama.
- Avoid Overcrowding.
How do you make a hallway look welcoming?
Paint internal doors
Make a real style statement by painting them in a welcoming hue. This looks fantastic when several doors lead onto the hallway and better still when they are different colours! Co-ordinate the look with matching (or contrasting!) skirting boards, door frames and even stair treads.
What color makes a hallway look wider?
Go for a lighter color that will open up the space, whites, creams and extremely light pastels will help to create a bigger illusion. Stay away from warm tones and darker shades because it will only the make the hallway look smaller.
What is a good Colour for a hallway?
Neutrals will obviously ensure that your hallway feels light and airy, but also consider light and mid-tone shades of yellow, green, pink and blue – pastel colours will feel cheery and uplifting.
How do you brighten a narrow hallway?
10 Design Tips to Brighten a Dark Hallway
- Try a mirror. The simplest of solutions — a strategically placed mirror — will amplify your space and bounce around whatever light is available to best effect.
- Add glass upfront.
- Brighten the balustrade.
- Or go transparent.
- Look up.
- Steal light from the side.
- Borrow light from an adjacent room.
- Go Nordic.
How do you make a small hallway look bigger?
Turns out there are some easy fixes to transform a narrow hallway into a warm, light, and inviting space.
- Use mirrors.
- Incorporate cubbies.
- Illuminate the space.
- Paint the walls.
- Add color to your trim.
- Incorporate molding.
- Add artwork.
- Install recessed shelving.
How do you style a small hallway?
With some clever decorating tricks in your arsenal, even the most economically-sized hallway can make the best first impression.
- Declutter. B&Q.
- Add art. Jonny Caspari for Unsplash.
- Get a carpet runner. Colours Lottie brown runner, £31, B&Q
- Maximise light. B&Q.
- Make your bike a feature.
- Swap out the coat stand.
How do you decorate a boring hallway?
6 Ways to Decorate a Boring Hallway:
- Add interesting lighting. If you’ve never heard of the Magic Light Trick from Nesting With Grace, go do it now!
- Throw in a plant or two.
- Paint your doors for contrast.
- Hang large-scale art.
- Roll out a runner.
- Go super light or super dark with paint.
How do you dress up a hallway?
The new way to design your home.
Make your hallways come alive with built-ins, lighting, colorful rugs and more.
- A colorful rug. If your hallway could use a pick-me-up, add a colorful rug for instant style.
- A picture gallery.
- Pendant lighting.
- Framed mirrors.
How do you decorate a small wall?
How to Decorate that Sliver of Wall and other Small Wall Design Ideas
- Add a Sconce and a Petite Painting.
- Prop Up Some Plants.
- Add a Small Shelf.
- Hang Family Photos in an Unexpected Way.
- Mix Frames of Small Wall Design Ideas.
- Add a Graphic Wall Sculpture.
- Two is Better than One.
- Don’t Forget Drapery.
Does every wall need decor?
The key to any successful interior design is balance. That means when it comes to hanging pictures, no, you don’t need to fill every wall space with pictures. Empty wall space can be used as a crucial design element to enhance your décor.