- 1 What can I do with a large blank wall?
- 2 What can I hang on a large living room wall?
- 3 How do you decorate a large wall behind a couch?
- 4 How do you hang art on a high wall?
- 5 How do you break up a long wall?
- 6 Should picture frames match in a room?
- 7 How do you decorate a large tall wall in a living room?
- 8 How do you decorate a large living room?
- 9 How can I decorate my bedroom walls?
- 10 What do you put behind an angled sofa?
- 11 What do you put behind a floating couch?
- 12 Do you center a picture over a couch or wall?
- 13 How high do you hang pictures on a 10 foot wall?
- 14 Should pictures be centered on wall?
- 15 How should I arrange my paintings on the wall?
What can I do with a large blank wall?
The Best Ways to Decorate Large Blank Walls
- Floating Shelves. Floating furniture is sure to liven up any area — from floor to ceiling — in the most stylish of ways.
- Hanging Rug.
- Oversized Art.
- Utilize Height.
- Playful Display.
- Curated Vignette.
- Make a Statement.
What can I hang on a large living room wall?
Discover 20 wall decor ideas that are sure to add style to your home.
- Go for Large-Scale Art. Grant Gibson lets a 10′ x 6′ Peggy Wong photograph take center stage in a client’s living room.
- Create a Gallery Wall.
- Incorporate an Accent Wall.
- Showcase Fabric.
- Hang Mirrors.
- Paint a Mural.
- Install Shelves.
- Hang Plates.
How do you decorate a large wall behind a couch?
If the space directly behind your couch is rather small, consider using small items like hanging plants. Plants easily liven up any room and add great natural texture and color. Hang a large piece of art perpendicular to the couch since there’s expansive space there.
How do you hang art on a high wall?
We find it’s best to hang single artwork at eye level, and 60 inches from center to the floor is the magic number. If you’re hanging your art above furniture, it can be 4-6 inches above the piece. If the art is going above a sofa or console, the piece should be approximately 2/3 width of the furniture.
How do you break up a long wall?
Break up your wall functionally by installing shelves, hanging baskets or hooks. This is particularly useful in a long entryway, where storage for small, everyday items such as coats and keys is necessary. You can also use shelving in conjunction with wall art to introduce variety into your display.
Should picture frames match in a room?
If part of the decor in your home entails picture frames, you may wonder if they should all match or if it’s best to mix it up some. While the bottom line is certainly a matter of personal preference, in terms of creating a contemporary and stylish look, the answer is no, the picture frames should not all match.
How do you decorate a large tall wall in a living room?
Use Large Scale Art
Gallery walls and oversized art are probably the most common solution to fill up those tall walls. A large grouping of art or photographs are a great way to fill up the space. A single, oversized piece of art also makes a bold statement.
How do you decorate a large living room?
- Strategically place tall potted plants.
- Paint two-tone walls.
- Swap your coffee tables for oversized ottomans.
- Round out a big seating plan with a pair of X-benches.
- Use a daybed as a room divider.
- Define zones with a console table.
- Add coziness with a screen.
- Comfortably fill a large space with an L-shaped sectional.
How can I decorate my bedroom walls?
Here are some easy ways you can take your bedroom wall decorating to the next level.
- Paint (or wallpaper) the wall a rich, vibrant color.
- Hang a patterned rug.
- Add a wall mural.
- Create a gallery wall.
- Hang a room divider.
- Hang a horizontal painting or mirror.
- Hang a series of wall art horizontally.
What do you put behind an angled sofa?
A couple of silk trees or palms can be wonderful if they are of varying heights, and well lit from the floor. Another option for behind the sofa is a long sofa table. This is practical because it can hold either one lamp at an end, or two buffet style lamps at either end to bring more warmth to the room.
What do you put behind a floating couch?
Have Your Sofa’s Back: 4 Ideas for What to do with the Space Behind Your Sofa
- Console Table. Perhaps the most obvious idea, a console table is a great option to cover your sofa’s behind.
- Seating Nook.
Do you center a picture over a couch or wall?
When hanging your pictures, always hang them in relation to the furniture sitting below. With your couch off-centered on the wall, focus on hanging your painting centered above the couch to create a great focal point for your living room.
How high do you hang pictures on a 10 foot wall?
A good rule of thumb is to hang art so that its midpoint is between 57 and 60 inches from the floor.
Should pictures be centered on wall?
Artwork should be hung so that the center of the piece is approximately at eye level for an average height person. When choosing to hang art over a piece of furniture, keep in mind that the rule of thumb is usually to choose a piece of art that is not as wide as the piece of furniture or mantel it is over.
How should I arrange my paintings on the wall?
Use one large piece or several small pieces that appear as one unit.
- Remember you are decorating a wall. Choose smaller pieces for narrow walls and larger canvas wall art pieces for big walls.
- Arrange pictures on a wall before putting hammer to nail. Lay everything out on a table or on the floor.
- Hang artwork at eye level.