- 1 How do you decorate a large wall behind a couch?
- 2 What can I put on the wall above my couch?
- 3 How do you fill the space behind a couch?
- 4 How do you decorate a large blank wall?
- 5 Should a sofa go against the wall?
- 6 How large should a picture be over a couch?
- 7 Do you center a picture over a couch or wall?
- 8 Should you hang pictures on every wall?
- 9 How do you block behind a couch?
- 10 How much space do you need behind a couch?
- 11 Can you put a sideboard behind a couch?
- 12 How do you decorate a large tall wall in a living room?
- 13 What can I do with a large blank wall?
- 14 How do you decorate a large living room?
How do you decorate a large wall behind a couch?
Here are a few great looking ideas for things you can hang above your sofa.
- Hang a large mirror behind the sofa.
- Create a Gallery Wall.
- Fill up the blank space with a large art grid or hang two medium complimentary pieces.
- Hang one large piece of art on the blank wall behind the sofa.
What can I put on the wall above my couch?
Continue reading to discover great inspiration for wall decor ideas for the space above the couch!
- Pair Of Frames.
- Faux Animal Mount.
- Metal-Bordered Floating Shelves.
- Foliage Trio.
- Shelving System.
- One Large Piece Of Artwork.
- Abstract Art And Abstract Spacing.
- Modern Art With Floating Shelf.
How do you fill the space behind a couch?
Perhaps the most obvious idea, a console table is a great option to cover your sofa’s behind. Available in a wide range of styles and prices, a console table is a great way to add a little extra storage to an otherwise unused space. For smaller spaces, try a console with open shelves for a light and uncluttered look.
How do you decorate a large blank wall?
The Best Ways to Decorate Large Blank Walls
- Floating Shelves. Floating furniture is sure to liven up any area — from floor to ceiling — in the most stylish of ways.
- Hanging Rug.
- Oversized Art.
- Utilize Height.
- Playful Display.
- Curated Vignette.
- Make a Statement.
Should a sofa go against the wall?
Don’t push all your furniture up against the walls. Pull your sofa (or other seating) out at least 12″ from the wall. It will make the space seem more inviting and cozy, instead of creating a big bunch of weird dead space in the middle.
How large should a picture be over a couch?
2) When hanging wall art over furniture, such as a bed, a fireplace or a couch, it should be between 2/3 to 3/4 of the width of the furniture.
Do you center a picture over a couch or wall?
When hanging your pictures, always hang them in relation to the furniture sitting below. With your couch off-centered on the wall, focus on hanging your painting centered above the couch to create a great focal point for your living room.
Should you hang pictures on every wall?
The key to any successful interior design is balance. That means when it comes to hanging pictures, no, you don’t need to fill every wall space with pictures. Empty wall space can be used as a crucial design element to enhance your décor.
How do you block behind a couch?
Permanent ways to stop your bunny going behind your couch
A more solid way to cover over the sides is to add some fencing to block it off. A common way to do this is to use some wooden or acrylic sheets or by breaking out a few sections of pet pen fencing.
How much space do you need behind a couch?
The way you arrange your couch and other furniture can direct the flow of traffic throughout the space. There should be a minimum of 2 1/2 feet of space between the couch and other pieces of furniture, walls or doorways to allow family or guests to walk through.
Can you put a sideboard behind a couch?
The recommended is to invest in a good joinery project so that it is a custom made furniture. Remember that the height of the sideboard should not exceed the back of the sofa, but that it is aligned with it.
How do you decorate a large tall wall in a living room?
Use Large Scale Art
Gallery walls and oversized art are probably the most common solution to fill up those tall walls. A large grouping of art or photographs are a great way to fill up the space. A single, oversized piece of art also makes a bold statement.
What can I do with a large blank wall?
17 Of The Best Ways To Decorate Large Blank Walls
- Paint your own art on large canvases.
- Hang a quilt, blanket or tapestry.
- Hang a chic magazine holder.
- Create an accent wall with removable wallpaper.
- Hang floating shelves.
- Make a poster-size print of one of your own photographs.
- Install a display cabinet or bookshelf.
How do you decorate a large living room?
- Strategically place tall potted plants.
- Paint two-tone walls.
- Swap your coffee tables for oversized ottomans.
- Round out a big seating plan with a pair of X-benches.
- Use a daybed as a room divider.
- Define zones with a console table.
- Add coziness with a screen.
- Comfortably fill a large space with an L-shaped sectional.