- 1 What do you do with long walls in a family room?
- 2 What can I do with long walls in my living room?
- 3 How do you decorate a tall wall in a family room?
- 4 How do you decorate a tall wall in a living room?
- 5 What can I put on a blank bedroom wall?
- 6 Does every wall need decor?
- 7 What can you do with blank walls?
- 8 How do you style a long living room?
- 9 How do you decorate a large wall over a couch?
- 10 How do you make a high ceiling room cozy?
- 11 How do you decorate a gallery wall?
- 12 How do you decorate a two story wall?
- 13 How do you hang pictures on a tall wall?
- 14 How can I decorate my living room?
- 15 How do you decorate a 16 foot wall?
What do you do with long walls in a family room?
Here are some of our ideas about what you can do to decorate a large wall in your living room.
- A Giant Painting.
- A Collection of Plants.
- An Eclectic Collection.
- Hang A Giant Television.
- Think Of Grouping Photos Or Prints.
- Hang A Mural.
- Install A Wallpapered Accent Wall.
What can I do with long walls in my living room?
The Best Ways to Decorate Large Blank Walls
- Floating Shelves. Floating furniture is sure to liven up any area — from floor to ceiling — in the most stylish of ways.
- Hanging Rug.
- Oversized Art.
- Utilize Height.
- Playful Display.
- Curated Vignette.
- Make a Statement.
How do you decorate a tall wall in a family room?
Use Large Scale Art
Gallery walls and oversized art are probably the most common solution to fill up those tall walls. A large grouping of art or photographs are a great way to fill up the space. A single, oversized piece of art also makes a bold statement.
How do you decorate a tall wall in a living room?
- Hang vertical artwork. A perfect complement to tall walls is vertical artwork.
- Size up. One of the easiest ways to warm up a tall wall is to scale up your artwork to complement it.
- Use bold colors.
- Consider installations.
- Play with textiles.
- Bring in wood trim.
- Try stone.
- Mix it up.
What can I put on a blank bedroom wall?
4 Things to do with an empty wall in your bedroom
- Paint the Wall with a Vibrant Color. Painting the wall behind your bed with a different and a vibrant colour than the rest of the room might give the overall room a look that you were looking for.
- Add a Wall Mural or a Painting.
- Hang Mirrors.
- Add Sculptural Sconces.
Does every wall need decor?
The key to any successful interior design is balance. That means when it comes to hanging pictures, no, you don’t need to fill every wall space with pictures. Empty wall space can be used as a crucial design element to enhance your décor.
What can you do with blank walls?
Below are several ideas to help make those blank walls the highlight of each room.
- Add millwork. Getty Images.
- Create a wood pallet wall. Getty Images.
- Add a map.
- Add mirrors and sconces — or ledges.
- Add a dramatic color.
- Create interesting storage options.
- Create a graffiti wall.
- Create an authentic-looking wood or stone wall.
How do you style a long living room?
How do you decorate a long and thin living room?
- Place the sofa on the largest wall.
- Put side tables and lamps on either side of the sofa.
- Place a narrow console table on the opposite wall of the sofa, if it’s available.
- Next, place accent chairs around the sofa and/or sofa table.
How do you decorate a large wall over a couch?
12 Unique Ways to Fill the Space Above Your Sofa
- Repurpose an Area Rug. Handed-down tapestries have been a wall decor mainstay for centuries.
- Perfect a Sofa Table.
- Paint Your Own Artwork.
- Embrace the Boho Trend.
- Let Your Vintage Flags Fly.
- Map It Out.
- Turn Wallpaper Into Artwork.
- Mirror Mirror.
How do you make a high ceiling room cozy?
High Ceilings Tips
- Paint the ceiling. If you think of the ceiling as another blank canvas, a lot of possibilities open up.
- Do two-tone walls.
- Accent with tall plants.
- Warm up the windows with curtains.
- Create intimate conversation areas.
- Use luxurious textures.
How do you decorate a gallery wall?
Add some green to your gallery wall by hanging up a few different flowers and plants between your images. If you’re looking to decorate a small space, try using a tiny gallery of colorful photos. To make the small photos pop, use painted frames.
How do you decorate a two story wall?
a collection of ideas for decorating two story walls
- 1 ~ ADD OVERSIZED ART. curatedstyle.tumblr.com.
- 2 ~ INCLUDE A TALL ARMOIRE, HUTCH OR ETAGERE. Alisberg Parker Architects.
- 3 ~ ADD A COLLECTION OF DIMENSIONAL PIECES. Jonathan Adler.
- 4 ~ ADD OVERSIZED MIRRORS. decorpad.com.
- 5 ~ HANG A RUG OR TAPESTY. nostalgiainterior.blogspot.com.
- 6 ~ INCLUDE ARCHITECTURAL INTEREST.
How do you hang pictures on a tall wall?
Using the rule of thirds, hang your paintings in roughly the middle third of the wall, as measured from the floor to the ceiling. This will keep them at a visible level and create a “horizon” to ground the vastness of the high-ceilinged space.
How can I decorate my living room?
Add in minimal brass accents, like a metal-frame coffee table and eye-catching metallic lighting. This living room is also a good blueprint for small space decorating. While the only three furniture items are two seats and a small coffee table, the ceiling light is all it takes to make the entire room feel special.
How do you decorate a 16 foot wall?
Consider painting the wall a dark color. Dark colors, which visually advance, can create the illusion of a balance and make a room feel cozy. Molding is also a good way to add definition. Have a contractor add different heights of square wall molding up the entire height of the wall to break up the space.