- 1 How do you decorate a large tall wall in a living room?
- 2 How do you decorate very high walls?
- 3 How do you decorate a family room with high ceilings?
- 4 What can I do with a large living room wall?
- 5 How do I fill a large wall in my living room?
- 6 How do you break up tall walls?
- 7 How do you make a room with high ceilings feel cozy?
- 8 What should I hang on my bedroom wall?
- 9 How do you decorate a large living room?
- 10 Do high ceilings make a room look bigger?
- 11 Are 10 foot ceilings too high?
- 12 How do you style a room with a slanted ceiling?
- 13 What can I do with empty wall space?
- 14 How do you decorate a large wall over a couch?
- 15 Does every wall need decor?
How do you decorate a large tall wall in a living room?
Use Large Scale Art
Gallery walls and oversized art are probably the most common solution to fill up those tall walls. A large grouping of art or photographs are a great way to fill up the space. A single, oversized piece of art also makes a bold statement.
How do you decorate very high walls?
- Hang vertical artwork. A perfect complement to tall walls is vertical artwork.
- Size up. One of the easiest ways to warm up a tall wall is to scale up your artwork to complement it.
- Use bold colors.
- Consider installations.
- Play with textiles.
- Bring in wood trim.
- Try stone.
- Mix it up.
How do you decorate a family room with high ceilings?
Here are six ways to decorate a tall room and make the most of your soaring ceilings.
- Hang Artwork Up High. Make use of the empty space on the high parts of the wall by hanging art and other decorative items there.
- Take Window Treatments to the Ceiling.
- Use Architectural Details.
- Create a Feature Wall.
What can I do with a large living room wall?
The Best Ways to Decorate Large Blank Walls
- Floating Shelves. Floating furniture is sure to liven up any area — from floor to ceiling — in the most stylish of ways.
- Hanging Rug.
- Oversized Art.
- Utilize Height.
- Playful Display.
- Curated Vignette.
- Make a Statement.
How do I fill a large wall in my living room?
17 Of The Best Ways To Decorate Large Blank Walls
- Paint your own art on large canvases.
- Hang a quilt, blanket or tapestry.
- Hang a chic magazine holder.
- Create an accent wall with removable wallpaper.
- Hang floating shelves.
- Make a poster-size print of one of your own photographs.
- Install a display cabinet or bookshelf.
How do you break up tall walls?
- 28 Creative Decorating Ideas for Tall Walls. Best Of· Creative Ideas for· Design Tips.
- Artwork. Standard-sized artwork will be too small for tall walls, but you can still use it if you create a large-scale gallery wall.
- Murals & Wallpaper.
- Display Pieces.
- Use One, Tall Focal Point.
- Cut the Space in Two.
How do you make a room with high ceilings feel cozy?
High Ceilings Tips
- Paint the ceiling. If you think of the ceiling as another blank canvas, a lot of possibilities open up.
- Do two-tone walls.
- Accent with tall plants.
- Warm up the windows with curtains.
- Create intimate conversation areas.
- Use luxurious textures.
What should I hang on my bedroom wall?
Here are some easy ways you can take your bedroom wall decorating to the next level.
- Paint (or wallpaper) the wall a rich, vibrant color.
- Hang a patterned rug.
- Add a wall mural.
- Create a gallery wall.
- Hang a room divider.
- Hang a horizontal painting or mirror.
- Hang a series of wall art horizontally.
How do you decorate a large living room?
- Strategically place tall potted plants.
- Paint two-tone walls.
- Swap your coffee tables for oversized ottomans.
- Round out a big seating plan with a pair of X-benches.
- Use a daybed as a room divider.
- Define zones with a console table.
- Add coziness with a screen.
- Comfortably fill a large space with an L-shaped sectional.
Do high ceilings make a room look bigger?
The addition of a high ceiling can create a larger feeling on its own; however, there are several other decorating techniques that make a room feel visually bigger than its actual measurements indicate.
Are 10 foot ceilings too high?
Ceilings can go beyond the industry standard, to 10 and 12 feet high. Higher ceilings, up to 12 feet, are not uncommon, especially in renovated loft apartments and pre-war style architecture (between 1890 and 1940). A new house can also be designed with varying ceiling heights.
How do you style a room with a slanted ceiling?
Decorating rooms with slanted ceilings: 10 clever tips for your
- 1 10. Create an optical illusion with colour.
- 2 10. Show off slanted ceilings with lots of lighting.
- 3 10. Rugs, mirrors, etc.
- 4 10. Pictures and shelves for slanted ceilings.
- 5 10. Use the entire wall from floor to ceiling.
- 6 10. Flat, minimalist furnishings make even the most slanted rooms seem bigger.
- 7 10.
- 8 10.
What can I do with empty wall space?
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
- Hang a rug as wall tapestry.
- Build a mantel and floating shelf.
- Infuse color with hanging flower vases.
- Create your own yarn wall.
- Turn wooden coffee stirrers into modern art.
- Add design and style with Spanish tiles.
- Craft floating shelves.
- Build your own geometric pattern.
How do you decorate a large wall over a couch?
12 Unique Ways to Fill the Space Above Your Sofa
- Repurpose an Area Rug. Handed-down tapestries have been a wall decor mainstay for centuries.
- Perfect a Sofa Table.
- Paint Your Own Artwork.
- Embrace the Boho Trend.
- Let Your Vintage Flags Fly.
- Map It Out.
- Turn Wallpaper Into Artwork.
- Mirror Mirror.
Does every wall need decor?
The key to any successful interior design is balance. That means when it comes to hanging pictures, no, you don’t need to fill every wall space with pictures. Empty wall space can be used as a crucial design element to enhance your décor.