- 1 How do you decorate a large tall wall?
- 2 How do you decorate walls with high ceilings?
- 3 How do you decorate a vaulted wall?
- 4 How do you decorate a tall wall in a bedroom?
- 5 What can I put on my large living room wall?
- 6 How do I fill a large wall in my living room?
- 7 How high do you hang pictures on a 10 foot wall?
- 8 How do you make a room with high ceilings feel cozy?
- 9 Are 10 foot ceilings too high?
- 10 How do you decorate a 16 foot wall?
- 11 How do you hang pictures on a tall wall?
- 12 How do you hang art on a high wall?
- 13 What should I hang on my bedroom wall?
- 14 How do you decorate a gallery wall?
- 15 How do you make a tall wall look smaller?
How do you decorate a large tall wall?
- Hang vertical artwork. A perfect complement to tall walls is vertical artwork.
- Size up. One of the easiest ways to warm up a tall wall is to scale up your artwork to complement it.
- Use bold colors.
- Consider installations.
- Play with textiles.
- Bring in wood trim.
- Try stone.
- Mix it up.
How do you decorate walls with high ceilings?
6 Tips for Decorating Rooms With High Ceilings
- Hang Artwork Up High. Make use of the empty space on the high parts of the wall by hanging art and other decorative items there.
- Take Window Treatments to the Ceiling.
- Use Architectural Details.
- Create a Feature Wall.
- Use Shelving Creatively.
How do you decorate a vaulted wall?
So do not be shy about color and decor choices.
- Paint the wall an eye-catching color to create a focal point.
- Hang artwork that fits the wall’s scale and the room’s vibe.
- Fill any large, remaining bare spaces on the bottom 8 feet of the wall with deep, floating shelves.
How do you decorate a tall wall in a bedroom?
- 28 Creative Decorating Ideas for Tall Walls. Best Of· Creative Ideas for· Design Tips.
- Artwork. Standard-sized artwork will be too small for tall walls, but you can still use it if you create a large-scale gallery wall.
- Murals & Wallpaper.
- Display Pieces.
- Use One, Tall Focal Point.
- Cut the Space in Two.
What can I put on my large living room wall?
Discover 20 wall decor ideas that are sure to add style to your home.
- Go for Large-Scale Art. Grant Gibson lets a 10′ x 6′ Peggy Wong photograph take center stage in a client’s living room.
- Create a Gallery Wall.
- Incorporate an Accent Wall.
- Showcase Fabric.
- Hang Mirrors.
- Paint a Mural.
- Install Shelves.
- Hang Plates.
How do I fill a large wall in my living room?
17 Of The Best Ways To Decorate Large Blank Walls
- Paint your own art on large canvases.
- Hang a quilt, blanket or tapestry.
- Hang a chic magazine holder.
- Create an accent wall with removable wallpaper.
- Hang floating shelves.
- Make a poster-size print of one of your own photographs.
- Install a display cabinet or bookshelf.
How high do you hang pictures on a 10 foot wall?
A good rule of thumb is to hang art so that its midpoint is between 57 and 60 inches from the floor.
How do you make a room with high ceilings feel cozy?
High Ceilings Tips
- Paint the ceiling. If you think of the ceiling as another blank canvas, a lot of possibilities open up.
- Do two-tone walls.
- Accent with tall plants.
- Warm up the windows with curtains.
- Create intimate conversation areas.
- Use luxurious textures.
Are 10 foot ceilings too high?
Ceilings can go beyond the industry standard, to 10 and 12 feet high. Higher ceilings, up to 12 feet, are not uncommon, especially in renovated loft apartments and pre-war style architecture (between 1890 and 1940). A new house can also be designed with varying ceiling heights.
How do you decorate a 16 foot wall?
Consider painting the wall a dark color. Dark colors, which visually advance, can create the illusion of a balance and make a room feel cozy. Molding is also a good way to add definition. Have a contractor add different heights of square wall molding up the entire height of the wall to break up the space.
How do you hang pictures on a tall wall?
Using the rule of thirds, hang your paintings in roughly the middle third of the wall, as measured from the floor to the ceiling. This will keep them at a visible level and create a “horizon” to ground the vastness of the high-ceilinged space.
How do you hang art on a high wall?
We find it’s best to hang single artwork at eye level, and 60 inches from center to the floor is the magic number. If you’re hanging your art above furniture, it can be 4-6 inches above the piece. If the art is going above a sofa or console, the piece should be approximately 2/3 width of the furniture.
What should I hang on my bedroom wall?
Here are some easy ways you can take your bedroom wall decorating to the next level.
- Paint (or wallpaper) the wall a rich, vibrant color.
- Hang a patterned rug.
- Add a wall mural.
- Create a gallery wall.
- Hang a room divider.
- Hang a horizontal painting or mirror.
- Hang a series of wall art horizontally.
How do you decorate a gallery wall?
Add some green to your gallery wall by hanging up a few different flowers and plants between your images. If you’re looking to decorate a small space, try using a tiny gallery of colorful photos. To make the small photos pop, use painted frames.
How do you make a tall wall look smaller?
Install a chair rail or crown molding on the walls 10 feet above the baseboards. This defines the parameters of the lower portion of the room and creates a visual effect that makes the ceiling appear lower and the walls shorter.