- 1 How do you decorate a vaulted wall?
- 2 How do you decorate a wall with a vaulted ceiling?
- 3 How do you decorate a very high wall?
- 4 How do you decorate a large high ceiling wall?
- 5 Are vaulted ceilings dated?
- 6 How do you make vaulted ceilings cozy?
- 7 How high do you hang pictures on a 10 foot wall?
- 8 How do you make a small room look bigger with a high ceiling?
- 9 How can I make my vaulted ceilings look better?
- 10 How do you decorate a 16 foot wall?
- 11 What can I put on my large living room wall?
- 12 How do you decorate a two story wall?
- 13 How do you decorate a gallery wall?
- 14 How do you decorate with low ceilings?
- 15 How do you decorate a large living room?
How do you decorate a vaulted wall?
So do not be shy about color and decor choices.
- Paint the wall an eye-catching color to create a focal point.
- Hang artwork that fits the wall’s scale and the room’s vibe.
- Fill any large, remaining bare spaces on the bottom 8 feet of the wall with deep, floating shelves.
How do you decorate a wall with a vaulted ceiling?
6 Tips for Decorating Rooms With High Ceilings
- Hang Artwork Up High. Make use of the empty space on the high parts of the wall by hanging art and other decorative items there.
- Take Window Treatments to the Ceiling.
- Use Architectural Details.
- Create a Feature Wall.
- Use Shelving Creatively.
How do you decorate a very high wall?
- Hang vertical artwork. A perfect complement to tall walls is vertical artwork.
- Size up. One of the easiest ways to warm up a tall wall is to scale up your artwork to complement it.
- Use bold colors.
- Consider installations.
- Play with textiles.
- Bring in wood trim.
- Try stone.
- Mix it up.
How do you decorate a large high ceiling wall?
Use Large Scale Art
Gallery walls and oversized art are probably the most common solution to fill up those tall walls. A large grouping of art or photographs are a great way to fill up the space. A single, oversized piece of art also makes a bold statement.
Are vaulted ceilings dated?
Some designers argue that the time for vaulted ceilings has passed, and that the style now makes a home seem dated. However, vaulted ceilings were also found in other periods, and homes built in these styles can look very good with vaulted ceilings.
How do you make vaulted ceilings cozy?
High Ceilings Tips
- Paint the ceiling. If you think of the ceiling as another blank canvas, a lot of possibilities open up.
- Do two-tone walls.
- Accent with tall plants.
- Warm up the windows with curtains.
- Create intimate conversation areas.
- Use luxurious textures.
How high do you hang pictures on a 10 foot wall?
A good rule of thumb is to hang art so that its midpoint is between 57 and 60 inches from the floor.
How do you make a small room look bigger with a high ceiling?
Paint the walls a light hue. Lighter colors often make a room appear larger, so apply a coat of neutral-colored paint to all four walls. Choose a color such as soft grey or light tan to lighten the room to its maximum. Neutral hues are a perfect backdrop for any room, as they coordinate with pastels or bright shades.
How can I make my vaulted ceilings look better?
Here are 16 ways to ensure your glorious Vaulted ceilings get the needed recognition.
- BEST PAINT COLOR FOR YOUR VAULTED CEILINGS.
- LIGHTING FIXTURES – A MUST FOR YOUR VAULTED CEILINGS.
- VAULTED CEILINGS GO WELL WITH FRENCH WINDOWS.
- ADDING DRAPES TO YOUR HIGH WALL/VAULTED CEILING.
- ACCESSORIZE YOUR HIGH WALL.
How do you decorate a 16 foot wall?
Consider painting the wall a dark color. Dark colors, which visually advance, can create the illusion of a balance and make a room feel cozy. Molding is also a good way to add definition. Have a contractor add different heights of square wall molding up the entire height of the wall to break up the space.
What can I put on my large living room wall?
Discover 20 wall decor ideas that are sure to add style to your home.
- Go for Large-Scale Art. Grant Gibson lets a 10′ x 6′ Peggy Wong photograph take center stage in a client’s living room.
- Create a Gallery Wall.
- Incorporate an Accent Wall.
- Showcase Fabric.
- Hang Mirrors.
- Paint a Mural.
- Install Shelves.
- Hang Plates.
How do you decorate a two story wall?
a collection of ideas for decorating two story walls
- 1 ~ ADD OVERSIZED ART. curatedstyle.tumblr.com.
- 2 ~ INCLUDE A TALL ARMOIRE, HUTCH OR ETAGERE. Alisberg Parker Architects.
- 3 ~ ADD A COLLECTION OF DIMENSIONAL PIECES. Jonathan Adler.
- 4 ~ ADD OVERSIZED MIRRORS. decorpad.com.
- 5 ~ HANG A RUG OR TAPESTY. nostalgiainterior.blogspot.com.
- 6 ~ INCLUDE ARCHITECTURAL INTEREST.
How do you decorate a gallery wall?
Add some green to your gallery wall by hanging up a few different flowers and plants between your images. If you’re looking to decorate a small space, try using a tiny gallery of colorful photos. To make the small photos pop, use painted frames.
How do you decorate with low ceilings?
9 Clever Ways to Counteract Low Ceilings
- Try Stripes. 1/9. Vertical stripes create the illusion of height by drawing your gaze upward.
- Scale Down. 2/9. Big and bulky furniture can make any room feel smaller than its square footage.
- Mirror Image. 3/9.
- Branch Out. 4/9.
- Lower Lighting. 5/9.
- Time for Reflection. 6/9.
- Uniformity. 7/9.
- Tall Window Treatments. 8/9.
How do you decorate a large living room?
- Strategically place tall potted plants.
- Paint two-tone walls.
- Swap your coffee tables for oversized ottomans.
- Round out a big seating plan with a pair of X-benches.
- Use a daybed as a room divider.
- Define zones with a console table.
- Add coziness with a screen.
- Comfortably fill a large space with an L-shaped sectional.