- 1 What can I do with a large blank wall?
- 2 What can I hang on a large living room wall?
- 3 How do you decorate a large living room wall?
- 4 What to put on high walls?
- 5 How do you decorate a large wall behind a couch?
- 6 What do you do with a large empty space in your living room?
- 7 What should I hang on my kitchen wall?
- 8 What can I put on a blank bedroom wall?
- 9 How high do you hang pictures on a 10 foot wall?
- 10 How can I decorate my walls for cheap?
- 11 How do I choose wall art for my living room?
- 12 How do you style a large wall?
- 13 How do you break up tall walls?
- 14 How do you hang art on a high wall?
What can I do with a large blank wall?
The Best Ways to Decorate Large Blank Walls
- Floating Shelves. Floating furniture is sure to liven up any area — from floor to ceiling — in the most stylish of ways.
- Hanging Rug.
- Oversized Art.
- Utilize Height.
- Playful Display.
- Curated Vignette.
- Make a Statement.
What can I hang on a large living room wall?
Discover 20 wall decor ideas that are sure to add style to your home.
- Go for Large-Scale Art. Grant Gibson lets a 10′ x 6′ Peggy Wong photograph take center stage in a client’s living room.
- Create a Gallery Wall.
- Incorporate an Accent Wall.
- Showcase Fabric.
- Hang Mirrors.
- Paint a Mural.
- Install Shelves.
- Hang Plates.
How do you decorate a large living room wall?
Use Large Scale Art
Gallery walls and oversized art are probably the most common solution to fill up those tall walls. A large grouping of art or photographs are a great way to fill up the space. A single, oversized piece of art also makes a bold statement.
What to put on high walls?
- Hang vertical artwork. A perfect complement to tall walls is vertical artwork.
- Size up. One of the easiest ways to warm up a tall wall is to scale up your artwork to complement it.
- Use bold colors.
- Consider installations.
- Play with textiles.
- Bring in wood trim.
- Try stone.
- Mix it up.
How do you decorate a large wall behind a couch?
Here are a few great looking ideas for things you can hang above your sofa.
- Hang a large mirror behind the sofa.
- Create a Gallery Wall.
- Fill up the blank space with a large art grid or hang two medium complimentary pieces.
- Hang one large piece of art on the blank wall behind the sofa.
What do you do with a large empty space in your living room?
If you’re facing the question of what to do with empty space in the living room, there are several possibilities to consider:
- Play with the seating arrangementsFurniture Size.
- Include beautiful floor coverings.
- Display collections.
- Showcase artwork.
- Set up a reading nook.
- Incorporate plants.
- Add antiques.
- Organize study area.
What should I hang on my kitchen wall?
In addition to framed art, some homeowners experiment with wall hangings in their kitchen design. Oversized or antique utensils, tapestries with food or cooking designs, or even cookware painted in bold colors can be great choices. Another great option for decorating kitchen walls is shelving.
What can I put on a blank bedroom wall?
4 Things to do with an empty wall in your bedroom
- Paint the Wall with a Vibrant Color. Painting the wall behind your bed with a different and a vibrant colour than the rest of the room might give the overall room a look that you were looking for.
- Add a Wall Mural or a Painting.
- Hang Mirrors.
- Add Sculptural Sconces.
How high do you hang pictures on a 10 foot wall?
A good rule of thumb is to hang art so that its midpoint is between 57 and 60 inches from the floor.
How can I decorate my walls for cheap?
18 Inexpensive DIY Wall Decor Ideas
- Paint Thrift Store Frames. One of my first stops at the thrift store is the frames section.
- Hang Up Old Shutters.
- Frame Old Baby Clothes.
- Make Art from Vintage Yardsticks.
- Curate a Collection.
- Make Oversized Sheet Music.
- Make a Simple Sign.
- Frame Book Pages.
How do I choose wall art for my living room?
There are some general sizing rules to think about:
- Pictures should not be more than two-thirds longer than your sofa.
- Photos should be at least 15 centimetres above the edge of your furniture.
- A small piece of art can’t fill a big space. Group small pieces together.
- Consider the height of ceilings when choosing size.
How do you style a large wall?
17 Of The Best Ways To Decorate Large Blank Walls
- Paint your own art on large canvases.
- Hang a quilt, blanket or tapestry.
- Hang a chic magazine holder.
- Create an accent wall with removable wallpaper.
- Hang floating shelves.
- Make a poster-size print of one of your own photographs.
- Install a display cabinet or bookshelf.
How do you break up tall walls?
- 28 Creative Decorating Ideas for Tall Walls. Best Of· Creative Ideas for· Design Tips.
- Artwork. Standard-sized artwork will be too small for tall walls, but you can still use it if you create a large-scale gallery wall.
- Murals & Wallpaper.
- Display Pieces.
- Use One, Tall Focal Point.
- Cut the Space in Two.
How do you hang art on a high wall?
We find it’s best to hang single artwork at eye level, and 60 inches from center to the floor is the magic number. If you’re hanging your art above furniture, it can be 4-6 inches above the piece. If the art is going above a sofa or console, the piece should be approximately 2/3 width of the furniture.