- 1 What do you put under a wall mounted TV?
- 2 How do you make a wall mounted TV look good?
- 3 How do you hide TV on wall?
- 4 What do you do with cords when you mount a TV on the wall?
- 5 Where do you put cable box with wall mounted TV?
- 6 How high on the wall should a TV be mounted?
- 7 What is the best color to paint a wall behind a TV?
- 8 What color should I paint a wall behind a flat screen TV?
- 9 Is it better to wall mount a TV or put it on a stand?
- 10 How can I hide my TV wires without cutting the wall?
- 11 How do you hide a flat screen TV on the wall?
- 12 How do you mount a TV on the wall without wires showing?
- 13 How do you hide the cords on a brick wall mounted TV?
What do you put under a wall mounted TV?
If you don’t want to go all in with a piece of furniture but still want something beneath (or around) TV, floating shelves are a great option. They help pull your TV into the overall design of the room – helping eliminate the “black box effect,” and they provide a lot of flexibility as well.
How do you make a wall mounted TV look good?
Wall–mounted TVs look great when paired with open shelves because they make the contrasts less obvious. Create a unique display area for your TV, like this brick wall. If you don’t want it too stand out that much, paint it a color similar to the rest of the walls.
How do you hide TV on wall?
Ways to disguise your TV – how to hide a television stylishly
- Make it part of the decorating scheme. Image credit: Colin Poole.
- Hide it behind a framed prints.
- Buy a TV cabinet.
- Reduce its impact with a bold media unit.
- Get a bed with TV storage.
- Hide your TV in a wardrobe.
- Buy a projector.
- Choose a TV that’s a work of art.
What do you do with cords when you mount a TV on the wall?
The best solution for keeping the cords of a wall–mounted TV out of sight involves hiding them behind the wall itself using recessed cable plates (e.g., Datacomm Cable Organizer Kit, available on Amazon).
Where do you put cable box with wall mounted TV?
One idea for where to put your cable box is to use shelves that are also wall mounted. These are typically placed below the television and can accommodate multiple devices in a variety of arrangements.
How high on the wall should a TV be mounted?
As a rule, a 42” television should be mounted about 56 inches from floor to TV center, a 55” TV should be around 61 inches, a 65” TV should be around 65 inches’ floor to center, and a 70” television should be mounted about 67 inches to the center of the screen.
What is the best color to paint a wall behind a TV?
Shades like deep navy, dark jewel tones and really dark greys are all great near-black options. Dark wall paints, especially grey tones, have a tendency to dry lighter than expected. To address this, you may want to go a shade or two darker to get your desired color.
What color should I paint a wall behind a flat screen TV?
If you absolutely don’t want to notice your TV in your overall decor, paint the wall behind the tv in a dark, muted color. Deep grays and charcoal can be beautiful when used in this way, especially if you want a color with depth.
Is it better to wall mount a TV or put it on a stand?
The most obvious benefit of mounting your television versus having a stand is that it’s a huge space saver. This is especially beneficial to small space dwellers who never had room for a large entertainment center in the first place.
How can I hide my TV wires without cutting the wall?
Here are a few cheap and easy ways to hide your TV wires without cutting into your walls.
- Use Cord Clips to Hide Your Wires Behind a TV Stand.
- Use Zip Ties to Keep Your Wires from Touching the Floor.
- Use a Cable Management Box.
- Use a Wall Cord Raceway Kit.
- Hide Your TV Wires Inside a Baseboard Raceway.
How do you hide a flat screen TV on the wall?
Hang curtains on a wall so you can quickly conceal and reveal your hanging flat–screen TV. Another spin on this method would be to hang the television between two smaller windows and mount a curtain rod to span the width of both windows and the television.
How do you mount a TV on the wall without wires showing?
To hide your cords, all you have to do is cut two holes in your sheetrock and drop them through the wall. It’s really easy as pie. Start by cutting your top hole. Cut it inside the bracket area to make sure it’s well hidden once your TV is mounted.
How do you hide the cords on a brick wall mounted TV?
#1 is to remove and replace brick to put the wires behind them and #2 is to just remove enough mortar to accommodate the wires and a facing of mortar to conceal the wires in the brick’s mortar step pattern. I think your only other options are to either apply a faux brick wallpaper or exterior siding to the wall.