- 1 Where do you put cable box for wall mounted TV?
- 2 What do you do with cables when mounting a TV on the wall?
- 3 How do you hide cable box from wall mounted TV?
- 4 Will cable box work behind TV?
- 5 How do you make a wall mounted TV look good?
- 6 How can I hide my TV Box?
- 7 How can I hide my TV wires without cutting the wall?
- 8 How high should a TV be mounted on a wall?
- 9 How can I get cable in another room without a box?
- 10 Where does cable box go when TV is above Fireplace?
- 11 Can I make my cable box wireless?
Where do you put cable box for wall mounted TV?
One idea for where to put your cable box is to use shelves that are also wall mounted. These are typically placed below the television and can accommodate multiple devices in a variety of arrangements.
What do you do with cables when mounting a TV on the wall?
Run TV Wires Behind the Wall
The best solution for keeping the cords of a wall–mounted TV out of sight involves hiding them behind the wall itself using recessed cable plates (e.g., Datacomm Cable Organizer Kit, available on Amazon).
How do you hide cable box from wall mounted TV?
HIDE the Cable Box Behind a Wall Mounted TV
- Step 1: Gather Your Tools.
- Step 2: Determine Mount Location(s) With Your TV on the Wall.
- Step 4: Line Up Your Component Mount With the Anchors.
- Step 5: Insert Your Devices Connect & Tidy Cords.
Will cable box work behind TV?
Many cable boxes use IR / Infrared which is a strong signal that can bounce off of walls, like a laser pointer. This helps to explain why your remote signal won’t travel through your cabinet door or around a corner yet it will work with your cable box hidden behind the TV.
How do you make a wall mounted TV look good?
Wall–mounted TVs look great when paired with open shelves because they make the contrasts less obvious. Create a unique display area for your TV, like this brick wall. If you don’t want it too stand out that much, paint it a color similar to the rest of the walls.
How can I hide my TV Box?
How to hide a cable box
- Step 1: Placing the boxes. If your TV is fixed in one position once it’s mounted, you’ll need to install all of your soon-to-be-hidden hardware before you hang the TV.
- Step 2: Place velcro.
- Step 3: Install power strip.
- Step 4:Install infrared repeater.
- Step 5: Wrap wires.
How can I hide my TV wires without cutting the wall?
Here are a few cheap and easy ways to hide your TV wires without cutting into your walls.
- Use Cord Clips to Hide Your Wires Behind a TV Stand.
- Use Zip Ties to Keep Your Wires from Touching the Floor.
- Use a Cable Management Box.
- Use a Wall Cord Raceway Kit.
- Hide Your TV Wires Inside a Baseboard Raceway.
How high should a TV be mounted on a wall?
As a rule, a 42” television should be mounted about 56 inches from floor to TV center, a 55” TV should be around 61 inches, a 65” TV should be around 65 inches’ floor to center, and a 70” television should be mounted about 67 inches to the center of the screen.
How can I get cable in another room without a box?
To watch TV in another room without a cable box, however, that information will have to be mirrored. To achieve that, you can attach a cable splitter between the output of your main cable box and first TV, then run one or more secondary lines to other televisions.
Where does cable box go when TV is above Fireplace?
Your cable box is going to need a place to sit when you install your TV above your fireplace. You can place it on the mantle if it’s wide enough. However, if there’s not enough room, you can also have the cables run to a box in another room. Another thing that works is building a shelf just for your cable box.
Can I make my cable box wireless?
With a wireless video HDMI kit, simply connect a transmitter to the existing set top box in your living room and a receiver to your TV. It’s a great option for people who don’t want to run cables across the house. Instead, you and your friends can enjoy a wireless streaming experience wherever you place your TV.