- 1 How do you decorate a fireplace wall?
- 2 What can I put on my fireplace walls?
- 3 How do you decorate the top of a fireplace?
- 4 How can I decorate my fireplace without the mantle?
- 5 What is the most popular fireplace?
- 6 Can you put a TV above a fireplace?
- 7 What is the best color to paint a fireplace?
- 8 What do you do if you don’t have a fireplace?
- 9 What can I put on a tall wall above a fireplace?
- 10 How would Joanna Gaines decorate a mantel?
- 11 What should I put on top of my fireplace mantel?
- 12 Can you hang a painting over a fireplace?
- 13 How do I upgrade my fireplace?
- 14 How do you make a homemade fireplace mantel?
- 15 How do you style a living room with a fireplace?
How do you decorate a fireplace wall?
Decorating Ideas for Fireplace Mantels and Walls
- Play Up Rustic Details. Pull out your writing utensils and start taking notes from this texture-rich stone fireplace.
- Keep Things Bright + Airy.
- Wow With Floor-to-Ceiling Wood.
- Rainbow Reads.
- Opt for Elegant Arches.
- Pull Accents From Your Art Collection.
- Reach New Heights.
- Mix + Match.
What can I put on my fireplace walls?
15 Mantel Decor Ideas for Above Your Fireplace
- Family Photos.
- Window Pane.
How do you decorate the top of a fireplace?
Framed art is always a fine choice for above the fireplace, but if you want a more laid-back or eclectic vibe, try leaning your artworks on your mantel instead of hanging them. The look provides a more casual aesthetic and allows you to easily change your display pieces as often as you feel inspired to.
How can I decorate my fireplace without the mantle?
Hang a fireplace garland
If you don’t have a mirror or some artwork above your fireplace, a beautiful Christmas wreath would work wonderfully. Then — using greenery (either real or fake) — frame your fireplace with a fireplace garland. As you can see, it creates an instant festive scene!
What is the most popular fireplace?
Stone is clearly the most popular. Here’s the data specifically for fireplaces in all rooms: Brick: 9.58% Concrete: 2.91%
Can you put a TV above a fireplace?
It’s not advisable to mount a TV above a fireplace because excess heat and electronics don’t mix. The area above the fireplace is often warmer than other wall surfaces in your home. The farther the fireplace mantle extends into the room, the more it will deflect heat from the above wall (and TV mounted there).
What is the best color to paint a fireplace?
Keep the Colours Neutral
To give a neutral look, use shades of white. Natural look can be got by using Tan, beige, cream, and light gray. Soft shades of gray and black go well will contemporary style rooms. Painting with light neutral colours can create a real brick look and blend with any decor.
What do you do if you don’t have a fireplace?
16 Ingenious Ways to Style a Non-Working Fireplace
- of 16. Re-Tile It. Old meets new in this living room by Kingston Lafferty Design.
- of 16. Paint It Black.
- of 16. Incorporate Logs.
- of 16. Fake It.
- of 16. Use a Statement Screen.
- of 16. Display Artwork.
- of 16. Arrange Flowers.
- of 16. Fill It With Vintage Books.
What can I put on a tall wall above a fireplace?
45 Ideas For What To Hang On That Empty Wall Above Your Fireplace
- OVERSIZE MIRRORS. Mirrors are probably the number one most common thing to see above a fireplace.
- GROUPINGS OF MULTIPLES.
- OVERSIZE CLOCKS.
- WOOD ART.
How would Joanna Gaines decorate a mantel?
Joanna Gaines‘ Best Tips for Decorating Your Mantel
- Add an anchor. We’re not talking nautical flourishes, rather, include an anchoring piece like a mirror, sculpture, piece of art, or wreath or floral arrangement to be the focal point of the space.
- Display some greenery.
- Include some sentimental pieces.
What should I put on top of my fireplace mantel?
Great Items for Fireplace Mantel Decorating
- Picture frames.
- Decorative boxes.
- Framed prints, paintings, and mirrors (lean them against the back wall for a casual look, then layer smaller pieces in front of them)
- Decorative plates (on stands)
Can you hang a painting over a fireplace?
Place the painting on one side of the mantel. The optimal distance to hang the painting is 4 to 6 inches in from the side. On the other side, arrange smaller objects. This gives you space to place something in front of the painting and slightly off to the side.
How do I upgrade my fireplace?
We rounded up our favorite ideas to help you update your fireplace for a more modern look.
17 Fireplace Remodel Ideas
- Add Glass Fireplace Doors.
- Get Your Firebrick in Shape.
- Install a Mantel.
- Opt for a Salvaged Mantel.
- Add a Gas Fireplace.
- Put in a Fireplace Insert.
- Tile a Hearth.
How do you make a homemade fireplace mantel?
- lift old fireplace door unit out. Demolition. Place a drop cloth on the floor around the hearth to catch falling soot and debris.
- position mantel brace on line at center and attach. Attach Mantel Brace.
- cut a breastplate to fit around brace. Attach Breastplate.
- new fireplace doors go in just like old doors. Install New Doors.
How do you style a living room with a fireplace?
Do’s and Don’ts for Living Room Layouts with a Fireplace
Use coffee tables and ottomans to create pathways, not block them. DO place an accent chair beside the fireplace, creating an inviting and warm fireplace seat for you or a guest. DON’T put a rug too close to the fireplace.