- 1 How do you decorate a stairwell?
- 2 How do you arrange a stairway wall?
- 3 How do you decorate a narrow stairway?
- 4 How do you decorate a hallway and stairs?
- 5 How do you decorate an odd wall?
- 6 How do you decorate a gallery wall?
- 7 How do you hang pictures on a staircase on the wall?
- 8 How do you hang a gallery wall?
- 9 How do you make a small dark hallway look bigger and brighter?
- 10 How do you make a small hallway look bigger?
- 11 How can I brighten a dark hallway without windows?
- 12 How do you make a hallway look welcoming?
- 13 What Colour is best for hallway?
- 14 How do I make my hallway brighter?
How do you decorate a stairwell?
Make your stairwell an inviting, interesting prelude to your decorating talents.
- Paint Color. Your stairwell walls should continue the color theme used in your entryway, if painted.
- Artwork. Avoid hanging pictures “up” the staircase.
- Utilitarian Stairwell.
- Drop Wall.
How do you arrange a stairway wall?
Use painter’s tape to re-create the shape and scale of the wall directly onto the floor.
- Use Tape to Re-Create the Space on the Floor.
- Place the Frames in Taped Area.
- Take a Photo of the Final Arrangement.
- Arrange the Pictures.
How do you decorate a narrow stairway?
Hallways and staircases can be difficult areas to address, especially if they are narrow, awkwardly shaped or lacking in natural light.
- Mirrors and artwork.
- Stair runners.
- Glass stair panels.
- Glass front door.
How do you decorate a hallway and stairs?
17 clever hallway, stairs and landing ideas you need to see
- It’s all about the wall.
- Maximise your landing like Erica.
- Get your DIY on.
- Make a mirror mosaic.
- Create a staircase gallery wall.
- Opt for on trend hallway tiles and two-tone walls.
- Turn your landing into an office space.
- Keep styling simple.
How do you decorate an odd wall?
Here are four ways to decorate odd walls.
- Mix-and-Match Photo Display. Gallery walls, showcasing artfully arranged images spanning a wide space have become increasingly popular in recent years.
- Gigantic Artwork.
- Shelves and Space Optimization.
- Chalkboard Wall.
How do you decorate a gallery wall?
Add some green to your gallery wall by hanging up a few different flowers and plants between your images. If you’re looking to decorate a small space, try using a tiny gallery of colorful photos. To make the small photos pop, use painted frames.
How do you hang pictures on a staircase on the wall?
The trick to this is to make sure the center of each picture is at the same level above the stair, specifically about 60 inches up the wall. Hang one picture every two or three steps in matching frames and mats. For a more eclectic look, work with frames of various sizes and shapes, and cover the wall more densely.
How do you hang a gallery wall?
Here’s our take: If your gallery wall will hang above a piece of furniture, plan for the bottom of your lowest frame to hang 7-10 inches above the top of your furniture. If your gallery wall is hanging on an empty wall, aim for the center of your whole arrangement to hang about 57 inches above the floor.
How do you make a small dark hallway look bigger and brighter?
A mirror can make a dark hall feel brighter and create the illusion of space. Try to place it close to a natural light source to make the most of all the available light. A narrow space can be made to feel wider by hanging a mirror horizontally, and a low ceiling will appear higher by placing it vertically.
How do you make a small hallway look bigger?
Turns out there are some easy fixes to transform a narrow hallway into a warm, light, and inviting space.
- Use mirrors.
- Incorporate cubbies.
- Illuminate the space.
- Paint the walls.
- Add color to your trim.
- Incorporate molding.
- Add artwork.
- Install recessed shelving.
How can I brighten a dark hallway without windows?
10 Design Tips to Brighten a Dark Hallway
- Try a mirror. The simplest of solutions — a strategically placed mirror — will amplify your space and bounce around whatever light is available to best effect.
- Add glass upfront.
- Brighten the balustrade.
- Or go transparent.
- Look up.
- Steal light from the side.
- Borrow light from an adjacent room.
- Go Nordic.
How do you make a hallway look welcoming?
Paint internal doors
Make a real style statement by painting them in a welcoming hue. This looks fantastic when several doors lead onto the hallway and better still when they are different colours! Co-ordinate the look with matching (or contrasting!) skirting boards, door frames and even stair treads.
What Colour is best for hallway?
Neutrals will obviously ensure that your hallway feels light and airy, but also consider light and mid-tone shades of yellow, green, pink and blue – pastel colours will feel cheery and uplifting.
How do I make my hallway brighter?
Let’s take at look at 10 easy ways to make your hallways look bigger and brighter.
- Paint it light. View in gallery.
- Keep clutter at bay. View in gallery.
- Opt for mirrors. View in gallery.
- Blend the trim. View in gallery.
- Mix some of the furniture. View in gallery.
- Check the lighting.
- Choose a theme.
- Add a runner.