- 1 What is the best way to hang plates on a wall?
- 2 How do you hang a metal plate on a wall?
- 3 How do you arrange 4 plates on a wall?
- 4 Can you hang plates with Command Strips?
- 5 How do you use a plate hanger adhesive?
- 6 What size plate hanger do I need?
- 7 How do you hang a hook on the wall?
- 8 How do you decorate a plate?
What is the best way to hang plates on a wall?
One of the easiest ways to hang plates on a wall is with adhesive discs. The discs come with a glue on the back that is activated when you add a little water. You stick them onto the back of your decorative plates and then hang the hooks attached to the discs on a wall.
How do you hang a metal plate on a wall?
Hook the top two arms on the top of the plate then stretch it down to hook onto the bottom of the plate. Next, tap in a nail to the wall (I eyeballed this arrangement because I’m not patient enough to measure). Then hang your plate up. Easy as can be.
How do you arrange 4 plates on a wall?
- Step 1: Arrange your plate layout. Determine how many plates you’d like to hang and how they look best.
- Step 2: Trace the plates onto paper. Use a pencil to trace outlines of each plate on a large piece of kraft paper.
- Step 3: Tape the templates to your wall.
- Step 4: Hang the plates on picture hangers.
Can you hang plates with Command Strips?
If you‘re not concerned with removing the plate hanger, a more affordable method is using a paperclip and super-glue to create an invisible hook on the back of the plate. Another invisible plate hanger idea is to use 3M command strips. I have the best luck and most staying power with the velcro kind.
How do you use a plate hanger adhesive?
To avoid covering writing on the back of your plate, use two smaller hangers attached to the lips of the plate. String picture hanging wire between these two smaller hangers, and then attach the plate to a picture hook on the wall. Make sure the two hangers support the weight of the plate.
What size plate hanger do I need?
We generally say that a plate stand should be at least 3/4″ of the height of the item you are displaying. So if you have a 10″ plate, you will want a stand that is at least 7 1/2″ tall. Or if you have a 12″ plate, you will want a stand that is at least 9″ tall. You can always go with a larger stand too.
How do you hang a hook on the wall?
Slide the hook onto the wall and wait 1 hour before hanging anything. Hold the hook piece over the backplate so the tab lines up with the hole in front of the hook. Slide the hook down onto the backplate until the tab clicks into place to secure your hook.
How do you decorate a plate?
Method 1 of 3: Decorating with Permanent Marker Ink
- Clean the plate with rubbing alcohol and a paper towel.
- Draw designs on the plate using permanent marker oil pens.
- Erase mistakes right away with rubbing alcohol.
- Bake the plate at 350 °F (177 °C) for 30 minutes.
- Cool the plate in the oven for at least 30 minutes.