- 1 How do you mount a fireplace on the wall?
- 2 Can you insert a wall mount fireplace?
- 3 How do you hide the cords on a wall mounted fireplace?
- 4 Can you install an electric fireplace in the wall?
- 5 Can you plug an electric fireplace into a regular outlet?
- 6 What is the recommended height from the floor to mount a gas fireplace?
- 7 Do electric fireplaces need to be vented?
- 8 Is it safe to mount a TV over a fireplace?
- 9 Do wall mounted electric fireplaces put out heat?
- 10 How can I hide my TV cords without cutting the wall?
- 11 Are wall mounted fireplaces safe?
- 12 How do you hide the cords on an electric fireplace?
- 13 Can you put a TV above an electric fireplace?
- 14 How much does it cost to install an electric fireplace?
- 15 Do electric fireplaces add value?
How do you mount a fireplace on the wall?
- Find a safe location close to a power outlet. Find a location that is close to a power outlet.
- Attach Bracket(s) to The Wall.
- Attach Brackets to The Bottom of The Fireplace (Some Models).
- Hang The Fireplace on The Bracket.
- Secure The Bottom of The Fireplace to The Wall.
- Plug Power Cord and Enjoy.
Can you insert a wall mount fireplace?
Recessed electric fireplaces provide the built-in, custom look that homeowners with the right space appreciate. A wall hung electric fireplace can be installed on just about any wall, similar to a piece of artwork or a flat-screen TV.
How do you hide the cords on a wall mounted fireplace?
Cable Organizer Kit
You put all your cords inside of it and bring them out the bottom box. The bottom box then plugs into the outlet. This puts your cords behind your wall rather than down your wall.
Can you install an electric fireplace in the wall?
Built-in electric fireplaces can be installed within the walls of a home and are designed to be ventless, making built-in inserts perfect for use in walls. Certain wall mount electric fireplaces can also be fully recessed into a wall.
Can you plug an electric fireplace into a regular outlet?
Yes, most electric fireplaces can be plugged into a regular outlet. However, the majority of electric fireplaces need their own circuit because they have heaters built in. A dedicated circuit means that the outlet for the fireplace has its own circuit breaker on your electrical panel.
What is the recommended height from the floor to mount a gas fireplace?
Generally, this will put the bottom of a linear fireplace 12 to 30 inches off the floor. However, if the fireplace is going to be next to a dining area, we suggest that the bottom of the fireplace be 36 inches off the floor, so that the chair backs don’t hide the flames.
Do electric fireplaces need to be vented?
Q – Do Electric Fireplaces need venting? A – No, Electric fireplaces do not create any emissions and therefore do not need to be vented through a chimney, direct vent, or other source like gas and wood fireplaces do.
Is it safe to mount a TV over a fireplace?
It’s not advisable to mount a TV above a fireplace because excess heat and electronics don’t mix. The area above the fireplace is often warmer than other wall surfaces in your home. The farther the fireplace mantle extends into the room, the more it will deflect heat from the above wall (and TV mounted there).
Do wall mounted electric fireplaces put out heat?
A 5000BTU electric fireplace will provide sufficient heat to warm a small to medium sized room. An electric fireplace of this heat output is like having a hairdryer on the ‘high’ setting. Some electric fireplaces will provide approximately double the heat output of standard ones, averaging 9,000-10,000BTUs.
How can I hide my TV cords without cutting the wall?
Here are a few cheap and easy ways to hide your TV wires without cutting into your walls.
- Use Cord Clips to Hide Your Wires Behind a TV Stand.
- Use Zip Ties to Keep Your Wires from Touching the Floor.
- Use a Cable Management Box.
- Use a Wall Cord Raceway Kit.
- Hide Your TV Wires Inside a Baseboard Raceway.
Are wall mounted fireplaces safe?
Choosing a Wall Mount Electric Fireplace. Because it is electric, it can simply be plugged into an electrical outlet and is ready for use. All of these types of fireplaces are safe to use because they are tested to make sure they meet UL standards and are thermostatically controlled.
How do you hide the cords on an electric fireplace?
How to Hide Wires From an Electric Fireplace
- Run the fireplace electric wires under the carpet edge between the back of the fireplace and the wall outlet.
- Use cord raceways to hide the fireplace wires.
- Surround the electric fireplace with large pieces of furniture such as bookshelves.
Can you put a TV above an electric fireplace?
A TV may be placed above most electric fireplaces, without any adverse effects to the TV. Since most electric fireplaces blow heat out the front or bottom of the unit, they create no problems for TV’s or any other items that may be placed above the fireplace.
How much does it cost to install an electric fireplace?
Electric fireplace installation costs can vary widely, with an average range between $1,000 and $2,000 for parts and labor. The average project cost you can expect to pay for an electric fireplace installed is $1,500 for a wall-mounted fireplace.
Do electric fireplaces add value?
While an electric fireplace may not increase the value of a property in the same way a gas fireplace can, a budget-conscious consumer can create a beautiful setting with a premium electric fireplace unit. This, in turn, can create a more desirable living space.