- 1 What do you do with cable box when wall mounted TV?
- 2 How do I connect my cable box to the wall mounted TV?
- 3 Where do you hide cable box for wall mounted TV?
- 4 Where do you put cable box for wall mounted TV above fireplace?
- 5 How can I hide my TV cords without cutting the wall?
- 6 Will cable box work behind TV?
- 7 Can I make my cable box wireless?
- 8 How can I hide my TV Box?
- 9 How do you hide TV box wires?
- 10 Where do you put a TV in a living room with a fireplace?
- 11 Can you wall mount a TV above a fireplace?
- 12 How high should a TV be mounted over a fireplace?
What do you do with cable box when wall mounted TV?
Behind Your Television
Among other options, you can use cable ties or adhesive hanging strips to attach the cable box and cords to the TV. However, many televisions do not offer sufficient space to hide different cable boxes, especially if they are bulkier (such as those with DVR functionalities).
How do I connect my cable box to the wall mounted TV?
Run steel fish tape from the hole behind your TV to the hole where the cable box will be placed. Attach the cable wire to the end of the fish tape and pull the fish tape back through the wall. Connect the TV and devices and put the TV back onto its wall mount.
Where do you hide cable box for wall mounted TV?
HIDE the Cable Box Behind a Wall Mounted TV
- Step 1: Gather Your Tools.
- Step 2: Determine Mount Location(s) With Your TV on the Wall.
- Step 4: Line Up Your Component Mount With the Anchors.
- Step 5: Insert Your Devices Connect & Tidy Cords.
Where do you put cable box for wall mounted TV above fireplace?
Your cable box is going to need a place to sit when you install your TV above your fireplace. You can place it on the mantle if it’s wide enough. However, if there’s not enough room, you can also have the cables run to a box in another room. Another thing that works is building a shelf just for your cable box.
How can I hide my TV cords without cutting the wall?
Here are a few cheap and easy ways to hide your TV wires without cutting into your walls.
- Use Cord Clips to Hide Your Wires Behind a TV Stand.
- Use Zip Ties to Keep Your Wires from Touching the Floor.
- Use a Cable Management Box.
- Use a Wall Cord Raceway Kit.
- Hide Your TV Wires Inside a Baseboard Raceway.
Will cable box work behind TV?
Many cable boxes use IR / Infrared which is a strong signal that can bounce off of walls, like a laser pointer. This helps to explain why your remote signal won’t travel through your cabinet door or around a corner yet it will work with your cable box hidden behind the TV.
Can I make my cable box wireless?
With a wireless video HDMI kit, simply connect a transmitter to the existing set top box in your living room and a receiver to your TV. It’s a great option for people who don’t want to run cables across the house. Instead, you and your friends can enjoy a wireless streaming experience wherever you place your TV.
How can I hide my TV Box?
Stick the emitter on the inside of the cabinet in line with your components. Then put the the receiver on the outside. It’s as simple as that. If you don’t like the look of the receiver, you can plug a very discreet IR receiver into the main receiver and stick it near your TV.
How do you hide TV box wires?
How to hide a cable box
- Step 1: Placing the boxes. If your TV is fixed in one position once it’s mounted, you’ll need to install all of your soon-to-be-hidden hardware before you hang the TV.
- Step 2: Place velcro.
- Step 3: Install power strip.
- Step 4:Install infrared repeater.
- Step 5: Wrap wires.
Where do you put a TV in a living room with a fireplace?
Tuck your TV to the side
Place a credenza or media stand next to your fireplace to display your TV. It won’t be the main focus of the room, but it is still easy to see from the sofa. And when you’re not interested in screen time, you still have your cozy fireplace as the main focal point.
Can you wall mount a TV above a fireplace?
It could give you neck strain
But it might not be as relaxing as you think! The best height to position your TV is at eye-level. If you hang it above your fireplace, it will be much higher than this. If you try and position it lower, the TV might be getting too close to the fire, risking heat damage.
How high should a TV be mounted over a fireplace?
If the mantel is less than four feet from the floor or your fireplace does not have a mantel, mount the screen around 12 inches above the mantel or fireplace itself. If your fireplace mantel is tall with a height of more than four feet ground up, mount the screen no more than six inches higher than the fireplace.