- 1 What is a cased opening?
- 2 What do you call an opening in a wall?
- 3 What is interior door casing?
- 4 What is the space between two rooms called?
- 5 What are jambs on doors?
- 6 How do you top a half wall?
- 7 What is the wall around a window called?
- 8 What do you call the front part of a house?
- 9 What do you call the outside wall of a house?
What is a cased opening?
What is a cased opening? A frame without embossing for hinges or strikes. It is used to finish an opening where no door is required.
What do you call an opening in a wall?
1. the underside of an architectural feature, as a beam, arch, ceiling, vault, or cornice. If you just want an opening in the wall without trim, you could just call it an “Opening“, or “archway”.
What is interior door casing?
Interior door casing is the term used to describe the trim found around a door opening. According to This Old House, “Door casings are both decorative and utilitarian, enhancing the look of the door while also concealing the transition between the wall and the jamb.”
What is the space between two rooms called?
A vestibule is a small space between two walls. Usually a space between an exterior opening and an interior opening.
What are jambs on doors?
A doorjamb, door jamb (also sometimes doorpost) is the vertical portion of the door frame onto which a door is secured. The word jamb is also used to describe a wing of a building, perhaps just in Scottish architecture.
How do you top a half wall?
Lay your flat molding just slightly off the edge of the top of your half wall. Then secure with finishing nails to hold it in place. If your first piece isn’t long enough, lay another piece along the wall and mark the remaining section. Cut the extra piece with a straight cut and attach with finishing nails.
What is the wall around a window called?
Casing is the decorative molding or framing around a window that is used to cover the space between the window frame or jamb and the wall. The glass panel on Lifestyle Series windows that opens inward to allow access to our snap-in between-the-glass blinds, shades and grilles.
What do you call the front part of a house?
frontage. noun. the area in front of something such as a building or street.
What do you call the outside wall of a house?
Siding. Siding is the term for the exterior walls of the home. The most common types are vinyl, aluminum, and brick.