- 1 What can I put under my wall-mounted TV?
- 2 How do you decorate a wall-mounted TV?
- 3 How do you hide TV on wall?
- 4 What do you do with cords when you mount a TV on the wall?
- 5 Where do you put cable box for wall mounted TV?
- 6 How can I hide the wires from my wall mounted TV?
- 7 What color should your wall be behind your TV?
- 8 Does TV have to be centered on wall?
- 9 How high on the wall should a TV be mounted?
- 10 How do you hide a big TV on the wall?
- 11 Where should a TV be placed in a living room?
- 12 How do I cover my TV with art?
- 13 How do you hide the cords on a brick wall mounted TV?
What can I put under my wall-mounted TV?
If you don’t want to go all in with a piece of furniture but still want something beneath (or around) TV, floating shelves are a great option. They help pull your TV into the overall design of the room – helping eliminate the “black box effect,” and they provide a lot of flexibility as well.
How do you decorate a wall-mounted TV?
12 Ideas to Decorate Around a TV
- Add Sconces on a Mantel.
- Paint the Wall Dark Behind the TV.
- Hide a TV With a Curtain.
- Blend It With a Gallery Wall.
- Hide It Behind Mirrors.
- Flank It With Cabinets.
- Hide Your TV Behind a Painting.
- Incorporate It Into Built-Ins.
How do you hide TV on wall?
Ways to disguise your TV – how to hide a television stylishly
- Make it part of the decorating scheme. Image credit: Colin Poole.
- Hide it behind a framed prints.
- Buy a TV cabinet.
- Reduce its impact with a bold media unit.
- Get a bed with TV storage.
- Hide your TV in a wardrobe.
- Buy a projector.
- Choose a TV that’s a work of art.
What do you do with cords when you mount a TV on the wall?
The best solution for keeping the cords of a wall–mounted TV out of sight involves hiding them behind the wall itself using recessed cable plates (e.g., Datacomm Cable Organizer Kit, available on Amazon).
Where do you put cable box for wall mounted TV?
One idea for where to put your cable box is to use shelves that are also wall mounted. These are typically placed below the television and can accommodate multiple devices in a variety of arrangements.
How can I hide the wires from my wall mounted TV?
If your TV is mounted, you can use a wall cord concealer kit to hide your wires without cutting into your walls. This type of raceway usually has an adhesive backing, so you can stick it to your wall without damaging it. Then you can hide your TV wires and other cables inside it before snapping the cover on.
What color should your wall be behind your TV?
If you absolutely don’t want to notice your TV in your overall decor, paint the wall behind the tv in a dark, muted color. Deep grays and charcoal can be beautiful when used in this way, especially if you want a color with depth.
Does TV have to be centered on wall?
Staring up at a TV is like sitting in the front row of a movie theater. It’s not ideal, not comfortable, and not conducive to long viewing sessions. Generally speaking, you want the center of the TV to be about eye level, or even slightly lower. This is true whether you’re mounting the TV, or putting it on a stand.
How high on the wall should a TV be mounted?
As a rule, a 42” television should be mounted about 56 inches from floor to TV center, a 55” TV should be around 61 inches, a 65” TV should be around 65 inches’ floor to center, and a 70” television should be mounted about 67 inches to the center of the screen.
How do you hide a big TV on the wall?
15 Ingenious Ways to Hide a TV
- On an Electric Lift. Photo by CRD Design Build.
- Behind Curtains. Chances are, you’ve already installed window treatments that complement your decor.
- In a Gallery Wall. Photo by Lowe’s Home Improvement.
- Inside an Armoire.
- Behind Artwork.
- Behind Sliding Barn Doors.
- Behind a Vintage Map.
- Flush Against the Wall.
Where should a TV be placed in a living room?
Avoid placing the TV in the corner of the room or on a small furniture piece. Just like in your living room, you could mount the television on the wall, as long as the spot you choose will not interfere with your artwork or other décor. You could also hang it from the ceiling on mounted brackets.
How do I cover my TV with art?
How to Hide a TV Using Art
- Measure your TV, and note down the size. Keep the size in mind as you’ll need to add a buffer for the photo print’s framing to ensure there’s enough space between the TV.
- Source an image that you want to print.
- Go to CanvasPop and get started on ordering your canvas print.
How do you hide the cords on a brick wall mounted TV?
#1 is to remove and replace brick to put the wires behind them and #2 is to just remove enough mortar to accommodate the wires and a facing of mortar to conceal the wires in the brick’s mortar step pattern. I think your only other options are to either apply a faux brick wallpaper or exterior siding to the wall.