- 1 Where to put your cable box when you mount your TV?
- 2 Where do you hide cable box for wall mounted TV?
- 3 What do you put under a wall mounted TV?
- 4 Where do you put cable box for wall mounted TV above fireplace?
- 5 How can I hide my TV cords without cutting the wall?
- 6 What do you do with wires when wall mounting a TV?
- 7 Where do you put DVD player when TV is on wall?
- 8 Can cable box be hidden?
- 9 How high is too high to mount a TV over fireplace?
- 10 Does TV have to be centered on wall?
- 11 How high on the wall should a TV be mounted?
- 12 What color should your wall be behind your TV?
- 13 Can you mount a TV above a gas fireplace?
- 14 Can you wall mount a TV above a fireplace?
- 15 Will cable box work behind TV?
Where to put your cable box when you mount your TV?
One idea for where to put your cable box is to use shelves that are also wall mounted. These are typically placed below the television and can accommodate multiple devices in a variety of arrangements.
Where do you hide cable box for wall mounted TV?
HIDE the Cable Box Behind a Wall Mounted TV
- Step 1: Gather Your Tools.
- Step 2: Determine Mount Location(s) With Your TV on the Wall.
- Step 4: Line Up Your Component Mount With the Anchors.
- Step 5: Insert Your Devices Connect & Tidy Cords.
What do you put under a wall mounted TV?
If you don’t want to go all in with a piece of furniture but still want something beneath (or around) TV, floating shelves are a great option. They help pull your TV into the overall design of the room – helping eliminate the “black box effect,” and they provide a lot of flexibility as well.
Where do you put cable box for wall mounted TV above fireplace?
Your cable box is going to need a place to sit when you install your TV above your fireplace. You can place it on the mantle if it’s wide enough. However, if there’s not enough room, you can also have the cables run to a box in another room. Another thing that works is building a shelf just for your cable box.
How can I hide my TV cords without cutting the wall?
Here are a few cheap and easy ways to hide your TV wires without cutting into your walls.
- Use Cord Clips to Hide Your Wires Behind a TV Stand.
- Use Zip Ties to Keep Your Wires from Touching the Floor.
- Use a Cable Management Box.
- Use a Wall Cord Raceway Kit.
- Hide Your TV Wires Inside a Baseboard Raceway.
What do you do with wires when wall mounting a TV?
The best solution for keeping the cords of a wall–mounted TV out of sight involves hiding them behind the wall itself using recessed cable plates (e.g., Datacomm Cable Organizer Kit, available on Amazon).
Where do you put DVD player when TV is on wall?
Option 1: Put them on a shelf or a furniture
One of the options to hide a DVD player or virgin box when your TV is on the wall is to simply leave them on sight. If you don’t want to hang them on the wall, you can well place them on a shelf as well.
The obvious solution is to hide it behind behind closed doors. Unfortunately, many of today’s cable boxes and other componenets use IR (infrared) remotes, which require line of sight to work. So if you put your cable box behind doors, you’ll have to open them whenever you want to change channels.
How high is too high to mount a TV over fireplace?
In general, the answer is 60-68 inches above the ground; however, this number will vary depending on the height of the homeowner. If you have to lift or strain your neck at all, it’s too high.
Does TV have to be centered on wall?
Staring up at a TV is like sitting in the front row of a movie theater. It’s not ideal, not comfortable, and not conducive to long viewing sessions. Generally speaking, you want the center of the TV to be about eye level, or even slightly lower. This is true whether you’re mounting the TV, or putting it on a stand.
How high on the wall should a TV be mounted?
As a rule, a 42” television should be mounted about 56 inches from floor to TV center, a 55” TV should be around 61 inches, a 65” TV should be around 65 inches’ floor to center, and a 70” television should be mounted about 67 inches to the center of the screen.
What color should your wall be behind your TV?
If you absolutely don’t want to notice your TV in your overall decor, paint the wall behind the tv in a dark, muted color. Deep grays and charcoal can be beautiful when used in this way, especially if you want a color with depth.
Can you mount a TV above a gas fireplace?
The short answer is – yes. However, to ensure your television isn’t damaged from the heat, care must be taken to ensure heat generated by the fireplace is redirected away from television. There are several ways to do this, such as installing a proper mantel and building an alcove for the television.
Can you wall mount a TV above a fireplace?
It could give you neck strain
But it might not be as relaxing as you think! The best height to position your TV is at eye-level. If you hang it above your fireplace, it will be much higher than this. If you try and position it lower, the TV might be getting too close to the fire, risking heat damage.
Will cable box work behind TV?
Many cable boxes use IR / Infrared which is a strong signal that can bounce off of walls, like a laser pointer. This helps to explain why your remote signal won’t travel through your cabinet door or around a corner yet it will work with your cable box hidden behind the TV.