- 1 What can I put on the wall behind my TV?
- 2 How do you decorate a TV wall?
- 3 What is the best color to paint a wall behind a TV?
- 4 What can I put on my TV stand instead of a TV?
- 5 What can I put under my wall mounted TV in the living room?
- 6 Which wall should TV go on?
- 7 Where should a TV be placed without wall space?
- 8 How high should a TV be mounted on a wall?
- 9 Is it better to wall mount a TV or put it on a stand?
- 10 Can you put a TV on a feature wall?
- 11 Will an accent wall make a room look bigger?
- 12 What color should my TV stand be?
- 13 How do you decorate a living room?
- 14 How do you decorate a TV on a large wall?
What can I put on the wall behind my TV?
Decor Dilemma: What to Do with the Wall Behind Your TV
- Create A Faux Built-In.
- Build Out A Mixed Media Wall.
- Hide Your TV Inside A Cabinet.
- Cover Your TV With A Curtain.
- Hang Your TV Within A Gallery Wall.
- Set Up A Room Divider.
- Mount Your TV On The Fireplace.
- Built A Floating Media Unit.
How do you decorate a TV wall?
Decorate the wall you hang your TV on
- Additional Lighting. Hanging lights such as lanterns, lamps, or even string lights will help illuminate the wall in a softer tone.
- Frame the TV.
- Cover it.
- Surround Sound.
What is the best color to paint a wall behind a TV?
Shades like deep navy, dark jewel tones and really dark greys are all great near-black options. Dark wall paints, especially grey tones, have a tendency to dry lighter than expected. To address this, you may want to go a shade or two darker to get your desired color.
What can I put on my TV stand instead of a TV?
Over a Console Table. Console tables are a great alternative to TV stands because they take up less floor space and are easier to swap out as home design trends change over time. Place one under your wall mount and top with your favorite pieces of décor.
What can I put under my wall mounted TV in the living room?
If you don’t want to go all in with a piece of furniture but still want something beneath (or around) TV, floating shelves are a great option. They help pull your TV into the overall design of the room – helping eliminate the “black box effect,” and they provide a lot of flexibility as well.
Which wall should TV go on?
Generally speaking, you want the center of the TV to be about eye level, or even slightly lower. This is true whether you’re mounting the TV, or putting it on a stand.
Where should a TV be placed without wall space?
No Space for a TV Wall Mount? Try One of These 5 Creative Solutions
- Hide the back of the TV with cabinetry.
- Place all your components inside the cabinet.
- Use a power strip inside the cabinet so all cables and cords are contained inside the cabinet.
- Tip: Floor-mounted electrical outlets are your friend.
How high should a TV be mounted on a wall?
As a rule, a 42” television should be mounted about 56 inches from floor to TV center, a 55” TV should be around 61 inches, a 65” TV should be around 65 inches’ floor to center, and a 70” television should be mounted about 67 inches to the center of the screen.
Is it better to wall mount a TV or put it on a stand?
The most obvious benefit of mounting your television versus having a stand is that it’s a huge space saver. This is especially beneficial to small space dwellers who never had room for a large entertainment center in the first place.
Can you put a TV on a feature wall?
The Don’ts of Feature Walls
The feature wall should be used to highlight the room’s existing focal point. For instance, the wall where the mantel sits, or even where the TV is, makes for a good feature wall. The wall behind the headboard in a bedroom is also ideal.
Will an accent wall make a room look bigger?
Use contrasts and light colors that make rooms look bigger
Light and bright walls are more reflective, making a space feel open and airy, which helps maximize natural light’s effect. Dark shades tend to absorb light, making rooms feel smaller. Accent walls to make a room look bigger is another way to go.
What color should my TV stand be?
Being that many TV stands are made of wood, it should come as no surprise that brown is one of the most popular colors. It’s an excellent choice, as shades of brown work well in a variety of color schemes and styles. Black is another strong choice, particularly if you’re going for a contemporary-style home.
How do you decorate a living room?
Here are her nine tips and tricks for making the living room the ultimate destination.
- Start with a plan, not pillows. The first step?
- Invest in the couch.
- Punctuate with lighting.
- Define the room with rugs.
- Accent with tables.
- Layer different textures.
- Have fun with pillows.
- Add personality.
How do you decorate a TV on a large wall?
Frame out a rectangular shape with some small trim moulding, add wallcovering, like a charcoal gray grasscloth, and then add in wall decor placed around the tv. The dark background would disguise the black void of the tv and the other pieces would stand out nicely and not look too small on that big wall.