- 1 What do you put under a wall-mounted TV?
- 2 How do you hide TV on wall?
- 3 How do you decorate a wall-mounted TV?
- 4 What do you do with cords when you mount a TV on the wall?
- 5 Does TV have to be centered on wall?
- 6 Where do you put cable box for wall mounted TV?
- 7 How can I hide my TV wires without cutting the wall?
- 8 How do you hide a flat screen TV on the wall?
- 9 How do you mount a TV on the wall without wires showing?
- 10 What color should your wall be behind your TV?
- 11 How high on a wall should a TV be mounted?
- 12 How much wall decor is too much?
- 13 How do you hide the cords on a brick wall mounted TV?
What do you put under a wall-mounted TV?
If you don’t want to go all in with a piece of furniture but still want something beneath (or around) TV, floating shelves are a great option. They help pull your TV into the overall design of the room – helping eliminate the “black box effect,” and they provide a lot of flexibility as well.
How do you hide TV on wall?
Ways to disguise your TV – how to hide a television stylishly
- Make it part of the decorating scheme. Image credit: Colin Poole.
- Hide it behind a framed prints.
- Buy a TV cabinet.
- Reduce its impact with a bold media unit.
- Get a bed with TV storage.
- Hide your TV in a wardrobe.
- Buy a projector.
- Choose a TV that’s a work of art.
How do you decorate a wall-mounted TV?
12 Ideas to Decorate Around a TV
- Add Sconces on a Mantel.
- Paint the Wall Dark Behind the TV.
- Hide a TV With a Curtain.
- Blend It With a Gallery Wall.
- Hide It Behind Mirrors.
- Flank It With Cabinets.
- Hide Your TV Behind a Painting.
- Incorporate It Into Built-Ins.
What do you do with cords when you mount a TV on the wall?
The best solution for keeping the cords of a wall–mounted TV out of sight involves hiding them behind the wall itself using recessed cable plates (e.g., Datacomm Cable Organizer Kit, available on Amazon).
Does TV have to be centered on wall?
Staring up at a TV is like sitting in the front row of a movie theater. It’s not ideal, not comfortable, and not conducive to long viewing sessions. Generally speaking, you want the center of the TV to be about eye level, or even slightly lower. This is true whether you’re mounting the TV, or putting it on a stand.
Where do you put cable box for wall mounted TV?
One idea for where to put your cable box is to use shelves that are also wall mounted. These are typically placed below the television and can accommodate multiple devices in a variety of arrangements.
How can I hide my TV wires without cutting the wall?
Here are a few cheap and easy ways to hide your TV wires without cutting into your walls.
- Use Cord Clips to Hide Your Wires Behind a TV Stand.
- Use Zip Ties to Keep Your Wires from Touching the Floor.
- Use a Cable Management Box.
- Use a Wall Cord Raceway Kit.
- Hide Your TV Wires Inside a Baseboard Raceway.
How do you hide a flat screen TV on the wall?
Hang curtains on a wall so you can quickly conceal and reveal your hanging flat–screen TV. Another spin on this method would be to hang the television between two smaller windows and mount a curtain rod to span the width of both windows and the television.
How do you mount a TV on the wall without wires showing?
To hide your cords, all you have to do is cut two holes in your sheetrock and drop them through the wall. It’s really easy as pie. Start by cutting your top hole. Cut it inside the bracket area to make sure it’s well hidden once your TV is mounted.
What color should your wall be behind your TV?
If you absolutely don’t want to notice your TV in your overall decor, paint the wall behind the tv in a dark, muted color. Deep grays and charcoal can be beautiful when used in this way, especially if you want a color with depth.
How high on a wall should a TV be mounted?
As a rule, a 42” television should be mounted about 56 inches from floor to TV center and a 70” television should be mounted about 67 inches to the center of the screen. But of course, this preference could vary from person to person. You can even learn how to mount a tv on the wall without studs if that’s the case.
How much wall decor is too much?
Generally, it’s not how many or how few pictures you have up on your wall, but their size ratio. After all, five small pictures on a wall can look bare, but five large pieces can be overwhelming. Rather, make sure that you have a good mix of big and little objects on your wall. A good rule of thumb is the 1:2 ratio.
How do you hide the cords on a brick wall mounted TV?
#1 is to remove and replace brick to put the wires behind them and #2 is to just remove enough mortar to accommodate the wires and a facing of mortar to conceal the wires in the brick’s mortar step pattern. I think your only other options are to either apply a faux brick wallpaper or exterior siding to the wall.