What is the order of belts in karate?
There are 6 belt colors: white belt, orange belt, blue belt, yellow belt, green belt, brown belt, and black belt. All belts besides the white belt can have dashes to indicate further progress. Here is a summary of the different karate belts.
How do you tie an obi belt in karate?
How To Tie An Obi ( Karate Belt )
- Find the middle of your obi by folding it in half.
- Wrap the belt around you, crossing over in the back, and bringing the ends around to your front.
- Overlap the ends (left over right) keeping the end with the tag on top.
- Without twisting the belt, tuck the top (tag end) under the belt and pull both ends tight.
What is the order of belts in Taekwondo?
The color belts range from white to junior black belt (half black, half red) or plain red. The order and colours used may vary between schools, but a common order is white, yellow, green, blue, red, black. However, other variations with a higher number of colours is also commonly seen.
How do you tie a Choi Kwang Do Belt?
Hold the belt with both hands, centering the middle of the belt at your waistline. Both ends should hang evenly.
- Bring both ends of the belt behind you letting them cross at the back.
- Now tuck the left end under the belt and the right end over the belt letting both ends cross at the front.
How long does it take to get belts in Taekwondo?
Time In Rank Requirements
|Tae Kwon Do Rank||Time Required To Advance In Rank|
|3rd Gup Blue Belt With Red Stripe||6 Months (108 Hours)|
|2nd Gup Red Belt||6 Months (108 Hours)|
|1st Gup Red Belt With Black Stripe||9 Months (162 Hours)|
|1st Dan (Il Dan) Black Belt||2 Years|
What do you learn as a white belt in Taekwondo?
As a white belt, you learn the basic components of Tae Kwon Do. This includes specific types of attacking techniques which use the hands and feet, and general blocking techniques. You will be taught how to stretch effectively.